I backed a game for my SO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I backed a game for my SO

The man is impossible to buy for. I had asked him, his parents and been wracking my brain to think of a gift for him. Then it hit me, there is this new game in development, he refreshes the page a hundred times a day and searches for updates on it. I decided to back the game for him. Not a huge backing, just enough to get him instant updates, a digital copy of it when done and a signed t-shirt from the development team when project is funded. There are some other cool perks and I pushed mine to get a copy of it myself, so now we will be able to play it together. I did go ahead and tell him about it early so he could really enjoy the gift now before the funding deadline is up, but I am not sorry, he was very very very happy with his gift. He is like a little child on Christmas morning literally.

I kinda feel bad about this being his only gift and having nothing to open but overall I think it was the best choice for him.

For any curious gamers..............It is called Godus.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../project-godus
    "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
    Benjamin Franklin

Oh, that's an awesome idea! Seems like you found the perfect gift for him.

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Thanks, he just got home from work and it actively watching it like a hawk now.
      Last edited by Hollandia; December 19, 2012, 03:08 PM.
      "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
      Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Last Christmas SO and I both backed a movie (I had already bought his presents, or I would have done it for him!!) It was great later that year when we received an advance copy of the movie. We both loved it!
        First met online: June, 2010
        First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
        Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
        Third visit together: August, 2012
        Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
        Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
        Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
        Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

I think that this is an awesome idea, I would love to do this for my boyfriend as he's very into games!
          No time zone or distance or anything can keep us apart

Comment

What do you mean by backing a game or movie? Never heard of it before

Comment

Nice! At least you finally got something! I think I just finally thought of something for my SO. He's kind of a hard guy to get stuff for, but not entirely.

Comment

Backing a game means you make a pledge of financial support. They took as little as 10 pounds in this case. They offered different reward levels for depending upon how much you pledged. The project did reach it's goal by the deadline and they are moving forward. He and I will both get a copy of the game, some fun game perks and he will get a signed T-Shirt from the creators of the game in our case.

They gave him 3 days of updates and access to backers only comments sections. They posted live feeds during the final hours. It was truly a perfect gift for him.
                Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                X