For the gamer guy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the gamer guy...

My boyfriend is visiting for prom (YAY) and we decided to defy all stereotypes and have ME ask HIM to prom. I mean, it's my prom anyway!

My original idea was that I was going to ship out a box to him decorated with confetti and streamers on the inside, with a little note saying "Prom?"

But I came up with an even better idea, that I think is much more fitting for him. I've been working on it since last night and I think it's finally done! (Prom isn't until April, but I was too excited for this)

I created a text based game to ask him!! If he takes the correct paths, he will eventually make his way from his state to my state and save princess Courtney from the evil curse that has been cast upon her. After he rids the curse, she asks him a question to repay him...will he go to prom with her?!

I'm so excited. He's going to fall in love with me all over again

That sounds totally adorable I'm sure he'll love it.

Notes:
    Met: 8.17.09
    Started Dating: 8.20.09
    First Met: 10.2.10
    Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

That's so adorable and creative I'm sure he'll LOVE it!

sigpic

Comment

Cute : )

"Buddha made you for me" - My SO

1st Met/Visit: Nov 2012 - Thailand
        2nd Visit: May 2013 - Thailand
        3rd Visit: Jun 2013 - Thailand
        4th Visit: Sep 2013 - Thailand
        5th Visit: Sep 2013 - Jan 2014 - UK
        6th Visit: Apr 2014 - Thailand - Marry
        7th Visit: Sept 14th 2014 - Thailand - Wedding Ceremony / Party
        Close the distance - Sept 21st 2014 - UK
        UK Wedding Party: November 8th 2014

Comment

You're a keeper! He will love it.

Comment

thats a brilliant idea! May i ask what program you used? Or how to do it? Both him and i are gamers and he'd love it!

Comment

That's such a great idea! I'm sure he'll really love it

Comment

Originally posted by ChibiFelicia View Post
                thats a brilliant idea! May i ask what program you used? Or how to do it? Both him and i are gamers and he'd love it!
                I didn't use any sort of fancy program, just Microsoft Word, but it took a lot of work. I played a few text based games with him when he was here for the holidays, and we had to roll dice and compare our number values and all of that fun stuff, but I decided to not even bother with that because it would've taken too much time. I started out by thinking of the story and I made a flow chart on paper. Then for each "bubble" in the flow chart, I wrote a little paragraph for it. Randomized all the paragraphs, put the numbers in that he would have to turn to for which direction he wanted to do, and voila! Hope that makes sense :P

And thanks so much everyone!

Comment

OMG that sounds so cool!

Comment

Working...
                  X