Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Birthday present for MIL - need ideas please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Birthday present for MIL - need ideas please!

So its my mother in laws birthday in 13 days and we still haven't thought of what to buy her yet. The SO and i have been together for over 3 and half years and married for nearly 6 months. We always buy her flowers, edible arrangements and what not. Stuff that isnt exactly personal. Plus I never really had alot of money (considering the international flights about 4 times a year). Every special occasion she gives me at least a $200 gift certificate or the money - apparently she always asks my man what i would want but he always tells her dont worry about getting me anything. Money isnt everything but i know she's been trying hard to make me feel welcome and always takes time out of her busy schedule to see me when i go to the states.

I just want to buy her something that she wouldn't ever buy herself. Shes one of those types of people who would rather spend the money she has on everyone but herself. I remembered a while ago mentioning that one day she'd love to own a diamond piece of jewelry (she said to to him not me - it was when he mentioned to her that my parents bought me a diamond jewelry set for our wedding - way outta my price range, the ring alone my parents bought me retails for 7k). Anyway i guess im telling you guys this because we couldnt ever afford something so extravagant so would buying her a simple diamond pendant be odd? : ( iunno what im trying to say honestly.

I saw this necklace at kays https://www.kay.com/en/kaystore/diam....100021.100026 What do you guys think? Or do you think i should just get the edible arrangements/flowers again?

Any ideas would be much appreciated. Oh and i guess it'd help if i told you it's her 61st birthday. thanks guys!

I love it! Its simple, classy and very personnal. I think she'll love it and it will make her feel really special
    Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
    And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
    ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

I agree with ioanna! The fact you remembered she would like a piece of diamond jewelry is certainly personal, and I think that pendant is gorgeous. By the sounds of your post, I think she'd love it.
      ~~~

Comment

Working...
      X