Birthday/Valentine's Day Gift - HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Birthday/Valentine's Day Gift - HELP

Okay so my boyfriend's birthday is February 11th, and we all know Valentine's Day is Feburary 14th. I don't feel that it's fair to combine the two holidays with one gift because he can't help when his birthday is, so I want to treat it as it's own day separate from Valentine's Day. This year I am completely at a loss as to what to get him for either holiday. I splurged at Christmas and got him an iPhone 5, so I have absolutely no idea what to get him now. I NEED HELP!

Information about him: He is going to school to become a commercial airline pilot - he absolutely loves to fly planes and is obsessed with the Flight Sim he has on his computer. He is a huge Miami Hurricanes football fan. He loves to play soccer. He enjoys Christian screamo bands - Oh, Sleeper... The Devil Wears Prada... Winds of Plague... Attack Attack... In Fear and Faith, etc.) His favorite clothes store is Hollister. He has a PS3, PlayStation Vita, iPad, iPhone.

I can't fly out to surprise him, so that's out of the question. I'm just at a complete loss and any ideas that ya'll have would be AWESOME! Thanks!

tickets to a football game, video games, itunes gift card (although i hate giving gift cards personally. always feels its an easy gift and not much thought is put into it), cd, clothes from his favorite store, make him something handmade. I'm sure he'll love anything you get him though. Just go with something you know he likes or will like you'll be fine.

Met Online: 02/2012
    Started talking privately: 09/20/2012
    First Met in person: 09/22/2012
    Started Dating: 10/30/2012
    Closed the Distance 4/24/2013

Comment

Does he like model planes? You could buy him some of those, I hear they're really fun to make

Notes:
      Met: 8.17.09
      Started Dating: 8.20.09
      First Met: 10.2.10
      Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

Originally posted by Sora1101 View Post
        Does he like model planes? You could buy him some of those, I hear they're really fun to make
        He likes the ones that are an actual scaled down model of a real airplane, and I've gotten him one of those in the past. Great thought though!

Comment

Okay birthday gift is taken care of. Just bought two tickets to a concert in L.A.; kind of depressing because I won't be the plus 1 going with him, but he can take any one of his friends that he has out there. Now onto the Valentine's gift...

Comment

UM...I just thought it was kinda funny that ur bfs bday is feb 11th....bc so is mine lol. And i've been trying to figure out whether to combine the present by getting something big or split them up. lol. Do you know what kind of games he plays on his ps3? Does he use itunes to dl music?
            "You want for myself
            You get me like no one else
            I am beautiful with you

I am beautiful with you
            Even in the darkest part of me
            I am beautiful with you
            Make it feel the way it's supposed to be
            You're here with me
            Just show me this and I'll believe
            I am beautiful with you"

-Halestorm

Comment

Originally posted by rubydissolution View Post
              UM...I just thought it was kinda funny that ur bfs bday is feb 11th....bc so is mine lol. And i've been trying to figure out whether to combine the present by getting something big or split them up. lol. Do you know what kind of games he plays on his ps3? Does he use itunes to dl music?
              That's so funny! Haha! I usually combine the gifts, but this year I wanted to make each holiday special and separate. I'm sure he would love to get the NCAA football game for 2013, but I don't know if it's out yet. He uses Spotify for his music, as do I, so iTunes is kind of a thing of the past for us.

Comment

Working...
              X