Gift for when he goes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gift for when he goes

My boyfriend and I are about to start a long distance relationship. His training starts at the end of Feb for a month then he will be off for 9 months.

I want to give him something before he leaves but I dont have any good ideas?

I want it to be small, not expensive, something he will/could use everyday.

I guess it's just something for him to remember me/have when he is thinking of me.

Any ideas?

I was thinking this like a keyring but he will be on a cruise ship so I doubt he will have any keys,
    ”I vow to fiercely love you in all your forms, now and forever. I promise to never forget that this is a once in a lifetime love. I vow to love you, and no matter what challenges might carry us apart, we will always find a way back to each other.”
    The Vow

Maybe a nice framed picture of you or the two of you for him to put in his cabin?

Comment

Or something simple like a bracelet of sorts or a necklace that has 2 pieces, you can wear one and he can wear one, it's discreet

"Buddha made you for me" - My SO

1st Met/Visit: Nov 2012 - Thailand
      2nd Visit: May 2013 - Thailand
      3rd Visit: Jun 2013 - Thailand
      4th Visit: Sep 2013 - Thailand
      5th Visit: Sep 2013 - Jan 2014 - UK
      6th Visit: Apr 2014 - Thailand - Marry
      7th Visit: Sept 14th 2014 - Thailand - Wedding Ceremony / Party
      Close the distance - Sept 21st 2014 - UK
      UK Wedding Party: November 8th 2014

Comment

Jewellry or if you're any good at making things, maybe make a picture for his wall, or could you get one of those paint your own mug things and do that for him.

Comment

For this past Christmas I had a calendar made with our pics from last year. He loved it! It could be a lovely everyday reminder of your time together for your boyfriend.

Additionally you could get him one of the "distance" bracelets from this site, one for him and one for you.
          https://www.lovingfromadistance.com/ldrbracelets.html

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

a picture, a shirt that smells of you little botle of parfum with you'r fragrance so he can spary a bit on you'r shirt when he misses you, something of you that he can waer around his next or something

Comment

I recently sent something to my boyfriend,
              I got a deck of playing cards and on the front of each card with a sharpie wrote 52 different reasons why I love him
              This is great because when they miss you they can shuffle through the cards and find different reasons
              Plus it's inexpensive, light and easy to fit in a pocket
              Good Luck with everything XOXO

Comment

I don't know how practical it is for someone based on a cruise ship but I gave my other half a joint journal. He writes in it for a bit and then posts it/gives it to me and then I write in it and repeat! I also made him a leather bracelet and fixed a watch. He's not a very emotional kind if guy but I hope he remembers me when he sees his wrists!

I'm stealing some ideas from this! I like the card idea a lot!

Comment

I'm not sure how good of an idea this is but...
                  how about a customized dogtag? you could have your or even both of your names engraved into it, and I don't think it would be very expensive!

Comment

before my SO went to school he took me to build a bear and got me a teddy, I sleep with brown bear all the time, so for of 09 i did the same thing for him, and he takes corona n lime everywhere, when you look at my facebook its full of the two of them doing things. We call them our kids as a joke, but we really do love it

Comment

Working...
                    X