No announcement yet.

Valentine's Day! Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notalurker, I loooove your idea! I've ordered from CafePress before and they are pretty awesome if anybody is wanting to do something on that site.
    sigpic

To read our love story, click here.

Comment

Originally posted by kria View Post
      If you are low on funds, you could always make a slideshow of the two of you using songs that mean something to the both of you. However, you can only do this if you have met a time or two and actually have pictures of you together, lol.
      I disagree with this I've been making videos for years, and certainly made ones of me and my friends years ago before we'd met. You just compile separate pictures, videos, drawings, photoshopped images and quotes n stuff and squish them all together Okay, admittedly those videos were horrible, but that's because I made them like 7-8 years ago, and I've much improved since then. They can be nice if done well and is certainly something I plan on making my SO one day

Now, for Valentines... JOHAN IF YOU'RE READING THIS, GO AWAY!!!

Spoiler:
      I spent too much on him at Christmas and his birthday (3 weeks apart), so I don't want to send him anything big and bulky in the mail (I'd prefer to do that 6 months down the track so he's not getting 3 big parcels in the space of 2 months and nothing for the rest of the year xD), just flat stuff that can go in an envelope. I've given him a teddy bear with a shirt on it, and he complains the smell has worn off, so I've made a little felt heart I'm going to completely spray and soak in my perfumes, which should be able to sit nicely under the bear's shirt, so it's hidden from other prying eyes, but he will have my heart and my smell again, which will hopefully last longer as I'm spraying the inside of the heart as well, and the shirt should trap the smell a bit.

I also started to make him a card, as we're both complete Harry Potter nerds I made it in the form of a Valentines-Special Quibbler magazine (just... a wizard magazine for all you non-HP fans xD) But I've decided not to make it into a card at all, but to use it as a cover on a small plastic soft-cover photo album (24 photos) and I'm going to write out what would be on a card inside the first photo slot (or 2 or 3). As we haven't met and got pictures together yet, I've then drawn about 10 pictures of the pair of us, some sweet, others about sexy things we've talked about wanting to do (Coincidentally, they are also all HP drawings, because that seems to be the fantasy we live in, and is more than perfect material for the Quibbler) :P They're all photograph size, so they'll be fitted into the album with blank pages at the end for any future drawings I might send him

Still hoping to send something else, but I don't know... what... hmmm... I'll be on the lookout. xD
      Last edited by SmileyK; January 26, 2013, 11:13 PM.

"My arms will be your prison" - My Boyfriend [♥] Our LDR Blog!

Started Talking - October 2012
      Started Dating - 08.11.12
      First Meeting - 08.12.13 - 39 days together
      Second Meeting - 16.12.15 - 31 days together

Rosetta Stone Progress
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      22 / 60

Comment

So hard to think of what to get a guy for v-day, I am probably going to go the sweet tooth route as well - right now Groupon has a good deal on chocolate-coated Oreos and/or those gigantic fortune cookies with a special note inside, all covered in little candy hearts! They have some other good valentines day deals as well. Though I'm tempted to be frivolous and get him some sexy underwearz instead (Emporio Armani probably... pretty sure he is like most guys and only buys a pack of Hanes once a year or so!) I have until Friday payday to decide lol!

Comment

You guys have some great ideas!! I decided on a framed picture of us from our last visit with a camouflage matting(that is his favorite color!) I found this cute alligator with a heart that says "XOXO" and a really sweet card. I am also baking him slutty brownies. I think that will be enough... I bought a camouflage bra and pantie set for myself(and kinda for him too) So I think this will make him happy.

Comment

I'm the type of person who likes to give home-made gifts and things, and also gifts that are actually used, so this year for Valentine's Day I went to the Walmart website and designed a calandar for my SO. You can make a 8.5''-11.5'' calendar for $15. I customized each month with pictures and text. You can also add pictures and text to special days like birthdays and anneverseries. I figure this is something my SO will be able to look at every day. Once I had gotten the calandar I bought a pack of multi-colored permenent markers and added alittle color to each month. I wrote in special holidays, birthdays, and anneverseries. I also put little sayings of random days like "Keep your head up" "Happy Friday" or "I love you". I also wrote my SO a note each month just saying how much I love him and encouraging him to have another great month and stay strong. Now that I know when he will be coming to visit again, I am also going to add a countdown until the day he comes. I thought I can just throw in some of his favorite candy and a card, and wah lah

Comment

I've made James a mix CD of songs that remind me of him, make me think of him, remind me of our relationship ect ect. The songs include a song that always came on the radio when we were driving, a song that was the main focal point the night we met, a song that has played in both our airports when we've been leaving... things like that! + some of my favorite LDR songs
              With that I'm making kinda index cards, 1 for each song. Each with the song name and artist name on, a line from the song that sticks out to me, and a little bit about why I picked that song.
              eg.
              Wrecking Ball - Bruce Springsteen
              "Hard times come, hard times go. Hard times come, hard times go.
              Yeah just to come again... Bring on your wrecking ball"

Wrecking Balls on this CD because it makes me think of December 12th. The way you held my hand and we screamed our lungs out to this song, dancing in the highest possible point of MSG, I said I was scared that we were going to fall down into the rest of the crowd, so you held me a bit tighter. When we got back to the hotel that night, you told me you'd never been as happy as you were when we were singing along to Springsteen together, you said 'It's going to be hard, but we're going to make it work. Bring on your wrecking ball, world!'

It's a super cheap present, because I am super broke haha but I actually think it's really cute.
              First met by chance in London 2nd June 2012
              Started LDR 24th July 2012
              James' 1st trip to visit Klaire September 29th-October 31st 2012
              James' 2nd trip to visit Klaire November 17th-November 19th 2012
              Klaires' first trip to visit James November 19th 2012-January 13th 2013

Comment

This Valentine's Day caught me with me without money so i've send her and e-card if she want to be my valentine ....and on that day we will have a nice and romantic date on skype ,nicely dressed ,with candles ,i don't know ,what ever you need for a romantic date. we will drink something and we'll try to forget about this distance that is btw us .After all ,the gifts are less important.The main idea is to speand some quality time with your love .

Comment

I'm going complete cheeseball - A box of all his favorite things Cologne, gift cards to his fav places to eat, sunflower seeds(I swear he's addicted), goobers, pic of my kiddo & I, etc.

Comment

Working...
                  X