Cookie ingredients as a gift?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cookie ingredients as a gift?

My SO loves sugar cookies so I have considered sending him all of the dry ingredients for them, pre-measured, in a jar so that he could just add the wet ingredients, follow the directions, and make them himself when he wants them. I know that he likes the cookies and would eat them (I have made them for him a few times myself while staying with him), but I have never mailed them to him baked or not. The thing is, I'm not sure if he would want to do it or not. I don't really know if a guy would like a gift that involved him having to cook/bake before he gets to eat the food. XD

What do you guys think?
    "Babe, I'm totally murdering everyone in this building right now! ... You would be so proud of me."
    This. This is only one of the reasons that I love this man. XD

"I'll surrender up my heart and swap it for yours."
    Por siempre, mi amor. ♥

I think it's a great idea! but you know him best as to if he'll bake them for himself.
    sigpic

To read our love story, click here.

Comment

Nah, not for a guy, especially if he doesn't bake. It'll probably sit around forever. I bake my guy cookies and mail them, it works out great and he loves them. It's not hard, just pack them in something you can tightly close, wrap it in some bubble wrap or padded box, then just send them at the post office.
      Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Moon View Post
        Nah, not for a guy, especially if he doesn't bake. It'll probably sit around forever. I bake my guy cookies and mail them, it works out great and he loves them. It's not hard, just pack them in something you can tightly close, wrap it in some bubble wrap or padded box, then just send them at the post office.
        Thank you. This is what I was thinking but I had no idea how to go about actually mailing them to him if I baked them beforehand. I've gotten him to help me before but it was manly him goofing off in the kitchen and eating the dough while I tried to make cookies. >_<; I mean, he'll make food for himself and stuff but I don't know if he ever really bakes anything other than pizza lol. From what I know it's usually the women in the house with him that bake the desserts/snacks. I'm almost positive that he would prefer to get them already made so he can just eat them, I just didn't know if they could be mailed without going stale or getting crushed. The man loves his food so I always try to include something in his gifts. XD
        Last edited by XxFranticLovexX; January 24, 2013, 01:00 AM.
        "Babe, I'm totally murdering everyone in this building right now! ... You would be so proud of me."

Por siempre, mi amor. ♥

Comment

I think it's a lovely idea, but as Moon said I'm not sure if a man would go for it unless he's already into baking. And it starts young, you know! When I was babysitting two boys one day I decided to make cupcakes with them and the six year old told me: "I like eating them, I just don't like making them!" Haha

I think your best bet is to bake them and send them, if possible

Comment

Originally posted by XxFranticLovexX View Post
            Thank you. This is what I was thinking but I had no idea how to go about actually mailing them to him if I baked them beforehand. I've gotten him to help me before but it was manly him goofing off in the kitchen and eating the dough while I tried to make cookies. >_<; I mean, he'll make food for himself and stuff but I don't know if he ever really bakes anything other than pizza lol. From what I know it's usually the women in the house with him that bake the desserts/snacks. I'm almost positive that he would prefer to get them already made so he can just eat them, I just didn't know if they could be mailed without going stale or getting crushed. The man loves his food so I always try to include something in his gifts. XD
            You're both in the US, so it'll only be a couple of days shipping time, they'll be fresh when they get there. I ship to Finland, it takes about a week, and my guy SAYS they're fine Just get a container that you can close tightly, and fill it with cookies, don't leave a lot of space for them to bounce around in, some might still crack, but they'll still be totally worth eating.
            Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Moon View Post
              You're both in the US, so it'll only be a couple of days shipping time, they'll be fresh when they get there. I ship to Finland, it takes about a week, and my guy SAYS they're fine Just get a container that you can close tightly, and fill it with cookies, don't leave a lot of space for them to bounce around in, some might still crack, but they'll still be totally worth eating.
              So, I made the cookies and mailed them to him that way. He got them today and said that they were still good. Thank you for your input on it. I took your advice and it worked! XD

Por siempre, mi amor. ♥

Comment

Originally posted by XxFranticLovexX View Post
                So, I made the cookies and mailed them to him that way. He got them today and said that they were still good. Thank you for your input on it. I took your advice and it worked! XD
                Great! I'm so glad to hear it! Of course, let's see how much you're thanking me in a few months, after he keeps bugging you for more cookies

Comment

Working...
                X