I need help from crafty people....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need help from crafty people....

It's my SO's birthday coming up and I've got his present sorted but I've just had another idea for something that I could make him.

He's a huge book nerd (well we both are) so I thought I'd make him a bookmark, that way when he's reading he can think of me

We always say we are like two crazy peas in a crazy pod so I was thinking of making him a little cross stitch picture of two peas in a pod with the writing on. I have the cross stitch aida and threads and even know the pattern to make the picture. My brain has gone and I can't for the life of me think of the best way of making it into an actual book mark. Would I be best sticking it onto something firmer, card maybe? I would need to back it with something otherwise all the thread will be visible. I'm really not creative at all so to get this far is a huge step but now I've got the idea in my head I want to do it!

if you use a piece of fabric and put it on there that would be enough, can be even nicer if it isnt a stiff object a piece of cloth just like a book (only long) do your needle point on "the cover" close the "book" and sew the edges
    hope it makes sense! good luck

Comment

How about laminating the fabric part, like this? If you don't have a laminating machine but can buy some laminating paper, you can use an iron instead (I've tried). Remember to sandwich the laminating paper between two sheets of ordinary paper and smooth out any creases before running the hot iron over it though, or it will stick to the metal something awful!

Comment

I use to just glue mine on heavy cardboard with a fabric glue. Easy peasy.
        February 2012 -- met online
        August 2012 -- he said "I love you."
        April 2013 -- met in person
        June 2013 -- broke up
        July 2013 -- back together
        August 2013 -- 2nd visit
        October 20, 2013 -- He proposed!
        April 22, 2014 -- Married/closed the distance!

Comment

Working...
        X