Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gift Ideas You Can Make (Its what I did)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gift Ideas You Can Make (Its what I did)

I did this for valentines for my baby this year and was a bit crafty so thought I would share the idea just in case someone wanted to try it...

this is all the stuff I sent him and some stuff was bought yes but its how I put my touch to it.

1st in the box to him was a winter coat with a note sayin this is to keep you warm and snuggled up until your in my arms again

gloves - to keep his hands warm til my hands are together with his again

I made sugar free/splenda truffles and fudge from scratch cause he is diabetic - note said - this is no where near as sweet as you but this is to remind you of how sweet our love is

next i took a liquor bottle cleaned it out and dried it real good i put tissue paper taped to the outside of the bottle then took a peace of printer paper I burned the edges around the whole paper to give it a jagged edge look and then took a tea bag got it nice and wet then drained it then wiped across the paper to give it a nice brown aged look then put it in the oven on broil and kept watching it to make sure it didnt burn yet it dried nicely. Then I took it out and wrote a love poem on it then rolled it tight with a pen and tied it off then slid into the bottle for a message in the bottle idea.

next was a glass jar I put ribbon on and tissue paper for the outside look. I made 30 cards small cards and colored each card myself and then taped a messaged in each one of one thing i love about him so all in all there were 30 things in the jar of what i love about him some sexual some not. So for each day of te month of feb he got to read one thing i love about him to make him smile.

I have other ideas but that is what i did for valentines day but I also baked him a cake for his birthday froze it and shipped it through the mail I twas a cake made form scratch yet again due to diabetes it was all made with splenda and he got from scratch chocolate chip cookies at christmas.

lucky man!
    First met online: June, 2010
    First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
    Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
    Third visit together: August, 2012
    Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
    Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
    Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
    Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

I've always wanted to make the glass jar full of reasons..maybe I'll give it as a part of my grad gift to him!

Comment

good luck with it they are so neat to make and i enjoyed main it listening to love songs thinkin bout my SO hehe i know so mushy but i cant help it such a hopeless romantic. And yeah he is a lucky man but im lucky i met him too

Comment

Hello! I'm in the process of doing the message in a bottle thing myself. I have the bottle and I bought a 'key to my heart' to put in it and I will also write a note. However, I had no clue how to make the paper look aged. Did yours come out nicely? I was thinking of doing the burned edges but I had not thought of the tea bag and oven.

Comment

Cute ideas !!

Comment

yeah mine came out great it looked aged and everything but yeah the tea bag gets it the right color and the over drys it very nicely so def. give it a shot

Comment

I've gathered a few ideas from this site, and they're absolutely wonderful! My boyfriend's birthday is in November and so I was thinking of making a scrap book about us and give it to him. We first started talking on his birthday last year, and within a month I was completely in love with him, haha. We haven't closed to the distance yet, but it'll be our one year in January and I'll be off in Basic for the Army by then.

My idea is a scrapbook of a bunch of pictures of us and little notes, among the little notes also putting in letters that he can only read on certain days. Example: Our anniversary, after six months of me being stationed, Valentine's Day, etc. I love the idea of putting in a bunch of notes on reasons why you love him! That is so perfect. I'm probably going to have to do that. We're also complete nerds with fantasy/sci-fi so I'm going to incorporate the rugged/aged looking letter. I'm going to make it all scrolly looking. Ahh, this site is amazing.
                We've got each other and that's a lot
                For love - we'll give it a shot
                ]

Comment

Originally posted by lovebunnie1212 View Post
                  good luck with it they are so neat to make and i enjoyed main it listening to love songs thinkin bout my SO hehe i know so mushy but i cant help it such a hopeless romantic. And yeah he is a lucky man but im lucky i met him too
                  I'm so glad there's someone as 'mushy' as me out there!! I'm also a hopeless romantic, and I'm working on a book right now of things that remind me of her and reasons that I love her.. That book combined with love songs is the best combination to make me think of her!

Comment

Working...
                  X