Memories album

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memories album

Hi, as I'm visiting my SO in about a month, i started thinking about a little present for him, but i'd like the 'progress' with you and get your opinions as well

We just met once (its not even a month we're in a relationship, but we've been friends for over 2 years so i know him pretty well) and we know it'll take about 4 years before being able to close the distance. i thought it could be a nice idea starting a 'book of memories', where we can add pics and stuff as long as the time goes on while we wait to be finally close: in this way, he ll be able to have something reminding him of our meetings and time together all the time

As i said, we just met once atm, so i wanted to make a nice cover for the album and add the first pics we have of us together in the first pages. Do you think it's a good idea, even if it's 'incomplete' and we'll have to work on it together?

Then, as regards the cover: i took some normal paper and made it look like an old one, printed on it a map of our zone and 'stiched' the route from my city to his.
    Now I was wondering if i could add something (i'll post a pic to give you the idea of what i did ): cosidering the way he is, i dont want to add something 'too girly' like loads of hearts. what about a quote? any other idea?

Thank you in advance!

[i've just tried to add a pic, but i didn't write enough messages yet so im not allowed. i'll add it as soon as possible you should see it in my album anyway ]
    Last edited by PrincessJOE; June 18, 2013, 05:18 AM.

I think that's a cool idea, I'm doing something similar for my SO. I wouldn't worry about making it too girly, you will be a part of the memories you make with him, so of course it makes sense that part of you will be in the memory book as well. I'm making a scrapbook and I saved one page for stuff that defines me and one page about him. So you could have your page as girly as you want, and I think he would like that because it gives him insight of all the things you love.
    Good luck getting it together, I would love to see the outcome!
    sigpic
    Began our story ~ July 1, 2007
    Our first LDR ~ August 2009
    Closed the distance ~ January 2011
    He joined the Air Force ~ January 1, 2013
    Our second LDR ~ January 2, 2013
    He proposed ~ July 4, 2013
    Our wedding day ~ December 30, 2014
    Closing the distance ~ Summer 2015

Proud of my Airman!!

Comment

Thank you ushi that's a good suggestion, i think i will think it that way
      I'll surely post some pics when its done (i added one to my album here cos i havent posted enough to add links yet), even if itll be almost empty as we only met once so far
      I don't know if it can give you an idea, but i think ill let the first page empty to be able to 'print' our hands on it when i give him the album. i thought it could inspire you too maybe ahah

Comment

Oooo, that's a good idea too! That would make a neat page to add when we see each other again. I would like to add a page each time we see each other about the places we go and where we meet and the things we do.
        This makes me want to work more on my scrapbook!
        sigpic

Proud of my Airman!!

Comment

Yeah exactly it should make a nice result and i think it will be nice to work on it together
          How much time do you have to get it done?

Comment

I took about three days on it. I bought everything on Sunday, and I'm leaving to see him tomorrow. It turned out nice, I'm pleased with it. I wish I had more photos of us and things to add but I think it's a nice start.
            sigpic

Proud of my Airman!!

Comment

This sounds really cool! I'm doing a 'virtual scrapbook' of sorts on Tumblr (and cross-posting them here in mah blog.) and I plan to reveal it next summer to my girlfriend as a 2yr anni gift.

Comment

Working...
              X