Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What ring to buy ???

Hey!

I am going to visit girlfriend in october and I want to buy her a ring. She is 15. I won't marry her in october lol.. But I want to buy her a ring
    But I don't know what ring i could buy her because I don't know anything about it I'm not used to buying that :/ And I don't know what size for the ring.. But I don't want to tell her, it is a surprise ! Could you give me some advices ? And how could I do to know her finger size for the ring ? She is 1m 58 / 5'2..

I am afraid you can't find out a ring size like that. Maybe you can contact someone close to her over Facebook and ask them to check. They usually like being able to help with a gift!
    "If you say you can't, you just don't want to"

Comment

Ring size is really hard to figure out unless you can directly ask her or, like SJ22 said, get a friend to help.

Why not a necklace? Or a nice bracelet?

Comment

Originally posted by mllebamako View Post
        Ring size is really hard to figure out unless you can directly ask her or, like SJ22 said, get a friend to help.

Why not a necklace? Or a nice bracelet?
        Actually, I think the necklace is a great idea! Also because you are not 100% sure about giving a ring.
        A lot less trouble because you do not have to check for a size and it isnt such a 'heavy' gift!
        "If you say you can't, you just don't want to"

Comment

Aww that's a sweet idea! ^_^ My S.O bought me a ring for our first anniversary hehe. But unfortunately, you can't check the size like that! You could be tall and thin, but still have quite "thick" fingers, because of having thicker bones. You could either ask someone close to her to help, or here's a sort of roundabout way to find out... when you're talking to her, make up a little story about your friend giving his girlfriend a ring or something along those lines. Then find a picture of a nice ring, and send it to her, and say this was the ring he bought her. Then just say something like "isn't this really pretty?" or something along the lines of that ... and then you can say kind of casually "would that even fit you?" and that could lead to a conversation about ring sizes ... That's kind of what my boyfriend did hehe.

Rings are pretty hard to buy without knowing the ring size though, so I would also ask you to consider something else like a necklace or a bracelet if you wanted to be sure it fit her, just like the others have suggested! Good luck with whatever you choose! ^_^

Comment

Thanks for your answers ! I wanted to buy a ring because we love each other soooooooooooo much!!! And we even plan on getting married in the future so I wanted to buy her a ring it would be like if I we were married I'll think about buying a necklace or a bracelet thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Franglish View Post
              Thanks for your answers ! I wanted to buy a ring because we love each other soooooooooooo much!!! And we even plan on getting married in the future so I wanted to buy her a ring it would be like if I we were married I'll think about buying a necklace or a bracelet thanks
              No problem! If you need any more help, just leave me a message. ^_~ Aww that's really sweet hehe. I hope your dreams come true ^_^ x

Comment

Rings can always be resized and made to fit if you don't know her exact size. I suggest looking at promise rings - they're much more inexpensive and just as beautiful. That is, if you are still set on getting a ring rather than a necklace or something. But I do agree that a necklace/bracelet/earrings would be a better idea until you know more

Comment

Originally posted by Franglish View Post
                  I don't want to burst your bubble entirely but... you're 15 and 16 years old. A ring does not mean you're married. Doesn't even mean you're close to being married. Have you two talked to your parents about this plan to get married in the future?

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
                  Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
                  Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Well i can help you here since i'm studying to be a jewelry designer. but considering you don't know her ring size maybe consider getting her an adjustable ring band? that way it can fit any size finger. but if it's an engagement ring i don't think an adjustable ring would be too good....
                    i do agree on what others have said about buying her a necklace or a cute bracelet instead of a ring. if you really did want to buy her a ring the best thing to do is get the average ring size for females which you can then later get it re sized if it doesn't fit.
                    but i do think you should buy her a cute necklace/pendant instead or bracelet. especially because you're so young!

Comment

Working...
                    X