Care Packages While In College

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Care Packages While In College

I don't know about you but I LOVE getting college mail! I went to my CPO the other day only to find that I had a package awaiting for me. Awkwardly enough, it was a "Happy Period" package from my boyfriend. It included in it: a clay hot/cold pack (which works WONDERS on cramps), ibuprofen, melatonin to help me sleep, LOTS of chocolate bars (the nice ones AND Hersheys), an adorable card, and notebooks and pens since I always complain I don't have enough! Guys, this gift will make your girlfriend feel absolutely incredible that you remembered that she will be in pain this week and no matter how unfair she may be to you during that time that you still remember, appreciate, and most importantly, love her.

Now how would I top that?! I sent him a LDR package back so he won't forget that I'm not gonna just blow him off for some southern guy with a cute accent. In this package I included 3 dozen cookies (jumbo chocolate chip, sugar, and caramel turtle cookies), a countdown clock set for when we will see each other of Christmas break, a heart shaped glass, a heart shaped skeleton key (so he has the key to my heart, and I also bought one for myself that I put on a chain to make a cute necklace so I have the key to his heart), a "Love knows no distance" bracelet that I bought from this site (as well as a matching one for myself), and a "My <3 is in ___Kentucky___" sticker for his laptop (and I also bought one for myself). Now hopefully this package will surprise him and I would love for it to but I'm not so good at keeping secrets from him and he is always smart enough to figure me out. Sooo yeah. Great gift ideas and let me know if you need any more ideas! I have done TONS of cheap gifts for him (this was one of the more expensive ones) that ended up meaning a lot to him!

I love the countdown clock idea, where do i get one!?
    "If you say you can't, you just don't want to"

Comment

Hi, I would love some more ideas if you are willing to share! It's my boyfriend's birthday coming up this month so I think I will send him a little package. Unfortunately since we live so far away (him in Canada, furthest province West, and myself in France) the envelope has to remain light or else it'll end up costing a lot, fast. Anyway, not only is it our first month apart (we began dating in July this summer), but it's my first LDR relationship and so I don't have that many ideas as to what to send yet. I know he appreciates homemade cards, etc, so I'm making him a heart-folded birthday card (got the link on here <3) and I would love to steal the "key to my heart" idea, if you don't mind, so I can tape the key inside the letter (or maybe on the outside so he has to untape the key to "unlock" my heart-shapped letter).

I'd love to hear of some more ideas for future parcels though!

Comment

Originally posted by Pylothe View Post
        Hi, I would love some more ideas if you are willing to share! It's my boyfriend's birthday coming up this month so I think I will send him a little package. Unfortunately since we live so far away (him in Canada, furthest province West, and myself in France) the envelope has to remain light or else it'll end up costing a lot, fast. Anyway, not only is it our first month apart (we began dating in July this summer), but it's my first LDR relationship and so I don't have that many ideas as to what to send yet. I know he appreciates homemade cards, etc, so I'm making him a heart-folded birthday card (got the link on here <3) and I would love to steal the "key to my heart" idea, if you don't mind, so I can tape the key inside the letter (or maybe on the outside so he has to untape the key to "unlock" my heart-shapped letter).

I'd love to hear of some more ideas for future parcels though!
        I think that is an absolutely wonderful idea!!! I like the idea of taping the key to the outside of your heart shaped letter I don't know if you have something similar in France but I always use the $20 flat rate boxes. It sucks to pay that much to ship but you can PACK them full of stuff! I am a HUGE fan of "Open When" letters! My boyfriend sent me a few when I first got to college and I absolutely TREASURE them! Just Google it and there are THOUSANDS of ideas. Open When letters are also very light so you could send them without it costing you too much My next idea is a little heavier so it would be completely up to you but this idea was a KNOCKOUT! I bought a whole bag of Hershey Kisses, unwrapped them all, and took that little piece of paper that sticks out of the top out of them all. I then cut out a bunch of little white pieces of paper the same size and wrote different things I loved about him and whatnot and then rewrapped all the Hershey kisses with my new little white tag instead of the Hershey Kiss paper. It takes forever but I really think it's a winner I think that is about it for my "light weight" gifts because like I said, I quite enjoy packing full my $20 flat rate boxes ^_^ But I'm always here if you ever need more ideas!!!

Comment

Working...
        X