Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Care packages... suggestions needed!!

I know it'll probably make you laugh but... here's my idea ahah
    My SO always jokes about 'man flu' (if someone doesn't know what it is -like me in fact, before meeting my SO ahah- according to wikipedia it's 'Man flu is a pejoratively used phrase that refers to the idea that men, when they have a cold, exaggerate and claim they have the flu').
    We often joke about it, especially cos i'm a medical student and he says i should consider making research about this 'serious disease'.
    I know he simply appreciates extra attentions when he doesn't feel too well, but being far it's impossible to make little things like a nice dinner and stuff so i thought... as winter's coming, what about a 'Man flu survival kit'? I wanted to make a little box covered in his fav team's colour, and putting inside something to cheer him up when he feels down. What else could i put in the box apart from chocolates?
    I thought about 'printing' kisses on little sheets and putting them among the chocolates, but meh im not that sure... any suggestion?

packet of tissues (for his cold that is )
    "If you say you can't, you just don't want to"

Comment

Good idea, thank you!
      Anyone else?
      What do you think about 'printing' kisses and in case... how to do it?

Comment

Pop up kiss card

Also: vitamin pills. Either real ones or candy that you will label 'vitamin pills'. But them in one of those old photo cases or something
        Last edited by SJ22; September 10, 2013, 06:51 AM.
        "If you say you can't, you just don't want to"

Comment

AWESOME, I love the 'vitamin pills' thing
          As regards the kisses, I thought about putting some lipstick on and actually 'printing' a kiss on several little sheets and (i dont know how ahah) folding them, so that they can get mixed among the other treats... how does it sound? :

Comment

You could make a blanket/quilt or a plushie out of felt. Puzzles are always fun "man flu" or not. You can make your own word searches or crossword puzzles.
            “The ties that binds us are sometimes impossible to explain. They connect us even after it seems like the ties should be broken. Some bonds defy distance and time and logic; Because some ties are simply… meant to be.” - Grey’s Anatomy

>Little Box<

Comment

What's his favorite 'sick' feel better food? I know that for some people it's crackers or soup or macaroni and cheese. Maybe a little container of whatever that favorite food would be good, as long as it's not something that'll go bad while in the mail.
              Jacob&Heather

Met: June 2019
              Dating: December 2019
              First Meeting: April 2020 (Coming soon!)

"Simple as can be."
              - Florida Georgia Line -

Comment

What about a packet of instant soup (the kind that you pour the powder in the cup and add hot water) since soup is meant to make you feel better when you're ill? :P And maybe a tin of Vaseline or something since your lips tend to go dry when you've got the cold. Maybe lozenges for a sore throat? Some painkillers just in case? You could even put a scarf or something in to keep him warm. ^_^ Hope some of these ideas help you! And that's a really sweet idea hehe

Comment

you can never go wrong with food!

Comment

Thanks everybody!
                    He basically says 'man flu' is a kind of... excuse to get special treats and stuff (okay, he also called it a deadly disease, but we know how men are when they are sick ;D) so i basically made him a box with his fav treats (salty and sweet ones) and added a little note to tell him it's a way to take care of him even if we're far. Plus, I made a "MAN FLU - survival kit" sign that ill glue on the top of the box. he is gonna laugh a lot ahah

Comment

Oh my gosh LOL that is such a cute idea!!! I should do something similar for my SO .

Comment

Go for it Yami!!! My SO got it yesterday and loved it in the end I simply put LOADS of treats he likes and I'm not sure at all he'll keep it for when he is 'sick'... but as long as he enjoys it then I'm happy ahah

Comment

He will love this so much. I know I did something similar for my SO. He is an EMT, so there were days he would go without food. Well, I sent him a lunch box packed, and I mean that literally, with snacks that he could take to work with him so he wouldn't go without eating. I also put in some sunblock for him, since he is fair skinned. He loved it so much and uses it all the time.

Your man will love it and be very touched that you think of him and care for him even through you are far apart. I would also put a little love letter in the package.
                          In love with an EMT/Fire Fighter

Comment

Photos of yourself making funny faces, to make him laugh.
                            I know when I'm sick, I like to laugh, it makes me feel better.
                            sigpic
                            Met August 2012
                            Official Nov. 18 2012
                            Visited him in Italy August 8 2013
                            He's visiting April 7-28 2014
                            I visited: Aug. 26-Sept. 25 2014

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll keep it in mind for the next time as i already sent it
                              (I just noticed your SO lives in Italy, I'm Italian too! )

Comment

Working...
                              X