Apartment Care Package for boyfriend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apartment Care Package for boyfriend?

My boyfriend Will be moving into his apartment hopefully today. Since this is his first time in NC I wanted to create a little care package for him so he'll have stuff to eat, do, etc.. Anyone have any idea? I want to bring it to him this week if possible.

If you know your boyfriend's favorite chocolates and candies definitely pack those. Maybe some memorabilia of your relationship like photos or a letter. You can also send him a housewarming gift, so any small house trinkets that he might need?

I'm sure anything you send him will make his day! Best of luck on your care package!!
    sigpic

Comment

If you are familiar to his area, you might want to include some take out menus in a nice binder of the best spots nearby: Best Pizza, Best Chinese, best sandwiches, a restaurant or two that offers take away service, etc and include your favorites off the menus or what is they make that is killer. The first couple of weeks, he will probably be organizing and getting more stuff to fill his apartment, so home cooking might not be high on the list. other than that, just cute and useful stuff to fill his home up, some favorite snack items.

Comment

I say go grocery shopping with him, it's one of those things I really enjoyed doing with my boyfriend when we were living together this summer. You can offer to pay for some/all of it to make it more "gift like"
        So, here you are
        too foreign for home
        too foreign for here.
        Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

Is there any traditional thing you always give someone who move in to a new place? I know that here you always used to give someone hard bread and salt, sometimes you still do but it's almost always as a decoration nowadays. Anyway, however much he likes take away, I'd say nothing beats home cooking so maybe you could make something to bring over, lasagna, bread, some soup or whatever. I use to make batches of whatever for lunch and freeze it portion sized for me and my mum, maybe you could make something that freezes well so he just has to warm it up? Soup and broth are always safe choices, filled bread works too...
          We part only to meet again ~ J.Gay

Comment

Working...
          X