Best gift you ever got/gave?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best gift you ever got/gave?

Like the title says; tell us the best gift that your SO ever got you or tell us what you think the best thing was that you ever gave to your SO!
    Smile every once in a while =)

His bday, our '6 month anniversary' and us meeting 2 years ago was around the same time so for these occasions I gave him a hot air balloon ticket for 2 on his bday. Unfortunatly the weather wasn't perfect on his bday so it was canceled... Now the next date is 21 of oct!
    "If you say you can't, you just don't want to"

Comment

This is perfect timing! My birthday was on Thursday and my boyfriend sent me an envelope which included a poem book he made and wrote for me and an adorable owl bracelet he made himself too. This boy couldn't craft paper snowflakes when we tried to have a crafty date and he comes up with this incredible poem book and bracelet. I was beyond surprised. He made me smile so much as I was going through everything last night, my jaw still hurts :P

He called the poem book "Buttons" because I love buttons.

A peek at the inside (:
      “The ties that binds us are sometimes impossible to explain. They connect us even after it seems like the ties should be broken. Some bonds defy distance and time and logic; Because some ties are simply… meant to be.” - Grey’s Anatomy

>Little Box<

Comment

For my birthday he made me a little replica of the horse carriage we took on our first day:

I'm in the process of starting a scrapbook/binder of our relationship, I'll give it to him for his birthday when I see him and then I'll add to it for "gift" after that. I don't have any pictures of that yet, though. :/
        Last edited by conejita_hada; September 28, 2013, 03:37 PM. Reason: Picture didn't show
        When two hearts are meant for each other, no distance is too far,
        no time is too long, and no other love can break them apart.

Comment

He always brings me Kitkat stuff, its our little inside joke since I once said I only went back to the Canary Islands for the Mcflurry Kitkat (of course I went for him ) For easter he brought me an Kitkat easter egg!

For the more like expensive stuff: he got me an silver Irish claddagh ring with my birthstone in the week before I left Ireland after 6 months
          "If you say you can't, you just don't want to"

Comment

There's a similar thread to this one as well...
            https://members.lovingfromadistance....ver-gotten-you
            We part only to meet again ~ J.Gay

Comment

I started writing but deleted cause was long, I sound so spoiled..... so so many things he's given me and done and I love them all, the first shirt he sent, my ring, the san francisco coin, the rose, my birthday necklace, my pillow case, eyore, the christmas advert, belle, camera's.... to many and not even listing the newest But theres so many things I love and cherish, and am truly spoiled. He does so much. But hands down, the best gifts he's ever given me is asking me to marry him, giving me him, and now a beautiful baby. Im the luckiest girl.
              I love you Nathan <3
              sigpic
              5/25/09 <3

Comment

For his birthday I sent him a package with a handwritten letter, the new Paco Robanne fragrance, a flower necklace and a Cuban cigar, since those aren't allowed in the USA I was a little scared that they would take it out at customs, but it arrived safely!

Comment

The best gift I've ever gotten from him is my promise ring (second best is my kitten hat).

The best gift I've ever given (according to him) was flying up last year for Christmas (on Christmas Day).

Comment

My SO loved the photobook I made him for his birthday, I just used one of the online companies that make a book out of all the photos you upload.

Comment

Best gift I ever got was either a hot air balloon ride or my camera.

Comment

Just a few days ago I sent my SO a large care package full of weight gain shakes, protein shakes, protein bars, vitamins and supplements, candy, gummies, and random snacks because he is in the process of moving to West Virginia from North Dakota (I sent the care package to his family's house in WV) and he needs to gain weight back because he was already only 145lbs before he lost 10 pounds. He is unhealthy in general so I know that he will really appreciate the supplements and weight gain goodies.

Along with the edible goodies, I also sent him half of a large rock that has crystals inside. It's gorgeous and it's significant to me because you put the two halves of the rock together and it makes a whole - just like we're whole when we're together (cheesy other-half kind of sentiment, but it's ok)

I threw a few other random objects inside, and on top of all the supplies, I typed up a note that says,

"I love you.
                        I mean, I really do.
                        Like, a lot.
                        So much you wouldn't even believe it.
                        ...but you better believe it after this!
                        Love,
                        Your favorite girlfriend ever,
                        Linzi "

I think he'll like it
                        Live and let live, and live life alive, and let die when it comes the time.

Comment

Giving me his heart and trusting me with it is the best gift he has ever given me but aside from that, the beautiful promise ring he gave me is the next best gift that I have received from him. I really love that I have something that I am able to have with me all the time, no matter where I am or what I am doing, something that I can look at and smile and be reminded of what it symbolises; just how much he loves me and the future we have to look forward to together!

Comment

I'm a pretty damn good gift giver, I think. I send him goodies in the mail all the time, but I think the best gift I ever gave to him was a picture book I made of the two of us on Snapfish I sent it to him over the summer with a message written in the back of it. He's sending me a box this week with a shirt of his and some drawings he drew of me so I'm pretty excited for that

Comment

When my SO and I were having kinda a hard time (we had been bickering a lot over the distance I believe) he went into one of my Pinterest boards (he has my passwords so I guess it worked out well for him :P) and looked at my "products I love" board. He found this:

https://www.amazon.com/Heart-Will-Gu...guide+you+home
                              And I got it in the mail as a surprise. It was SUCH a sweet gift, especially in terms of being LD.

Here's mine:

Comment

Working...
                              X