Christmas gift ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas gift ideas

Since Christmas isn't too far away, i'm trying to think of so many ideas on what to gift my other half. This would be my first ever gift to him and i really want to make it special... Originally i wanted to make him a silver ring... because i know he would really really like that.... but i wanted it to be a surprise and i don't know his ring size ¬_¬ so i don't know if i should just straight up ask him, but i'm a bit shy too... i'll be scared that if i make it, it wont fit him. either that or i wanted to make him something crafty or buy something or a bit of both (like a little love letter with a small gift). but i honestly don't know!! i'm awful at gifting guys in general. I prefer gifts that they could use or wear instead of ones that don't get used :/ so i really don't know... any help or ideas would be very much appreciated! xo

Originally posted by Neide View Post
    Since Christmas isn't too far away, i'm trying to think of so many ideas on what to gift my other half. This would be my first ever gift to him and i really want to make it special... Originally i wanted to make him a silver ring... because i know he would really really like that.... but i wanted it to be a surprise and i don't know his ring size ¬_¬ so i don't know if i should just straight up ask him, but i'm a bit shy too... i'll be scared that if i make it, it wont fit him. either that or i wanted to make him something crafty or buy something or a bit of both (like a little love letter with a small gift). but i honestly don't know!! i'm awful at gifting guys in general. I prefer gifts that they could use or wear instead of ones that don't get used :/ so i really don't know... any help or ideas would be very much appreciated! xo
    That's a good question. We are spending all our money on airfare this Christmas but I was thinking of something I could make for my SO too. Mine would most llikely be a meal of all his favorites.
    "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
    Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Knit him a scarf!

Comment

Originally posted by snow_girl View Post
        Knit him a scarf!
        That would be quite cute ^^ ..... but i'm not too sure if i have the patience haha. but i'll definitely keep that idea in mind.

Comment

It's not hard, I learned off of youtube videos. Once you know how you can just do it while you are watching tv or something.

Comment

My friend knitted me a lovely scarf before..... but i can't help but think my SO will find it too girly? i've never seen him with a scarf on. he's more of just a gloves type person and always wears his bandana.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollandia View Post
              That's a good question. We are spending all our money on airfare this Christmas but I was thinking of something I could make for my SO too. Mine would most llikely be a meal of all his favorites.

Awww i wish i could see my SO on christmas! it would be so nice to go out for a meal or even just cook a meal...
              but i'm sure you'll definitely have a great time ^^ and he'll enjoy all the food haha, what are his favourite foods?

Comment

Awww i wish i could see my SO on christmas! it would be so nice to go out for a meal or even just cook a meal...
                but i'm sure you'll definitely have a great time ^^ and he'll enjoy all the food haha, what are his favourite foods?
                He is Dutch and yes he does love his french fries, minus the mayo, and cheese. He also loves eggs and I was thinking of some type of Frittata for him. He also loves mushrooms, onions, and spinach and they should all go nicely together to make one.

I am indeed very lucky to be able to spend our holidays together this year.
                "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
                Benjamin Franklin

Comment

It just hit me reading this post that maybe you could buy something he'd never expect to get, like a toy car of the same model as his favorite car, or his favorite book as a child, something that really shows him that you have been paying attention and thought that something relatively small was worth memorizing. You could always make him a soft toy of his favorite cartoon character (I'm making my SO a minion, for example)... It might be rather cheesy but I think anyone would be moved knowing someone actually listens to what they say.
                  Other ideas would be to send him a nicely written recipe (calligraphy is surprisingly easy to learn if you stick to the easier fonts, at least if you're right handed) with a spice mix? I'm making my SO a laptop table for this year (shhh! Secret ) but that will be rather big to put in the post... A mix CD is never wrong either. It could be something as simple as a picture frame with your favorite photo of you two
                  We part only to meet again ~ J.Gay

Comment

Oh, and I forgot, it's also not too hard to make gloves, if you have a little experience from knitting before or a good tutorial

Comment

Originally posted by Alsfia View Post
                      It just hit me reading this post that maybe you could buy something he'd never expect to get, like a toy car of the same model as his favorite car, or his favorite book as a child, something that really shows him that you have been paying attention and thought that something relatively small was worth memorizing. You could always make him a soft toy of his favorite cartoon character (I'm making my SO a minion, for example)... It might be rather cheesy but I think anyone would be moved knowing someone actually listens to what they say.
                      Other ideas would be to send him a nicely written recipe (calligraphy is surprisingly easy to learn if you stick to the easier fonts, at least if you're right handed) with a spice mix? I'm making my SO a laptop table for this year (shhh! Secret ) but that will be rather big to put in the post... A mix CD is never wrong either. It could be something as simple as a picture frame with your favorite photo of you two

This is perfect!!! thank you!
                      i honestly never thought to do that because me and my SO always have these really deep conversations and he always tells me these little things and when i remember them he gets really surprised and happy that i remembered about them! I'm actually very excited now! and have a whole ton of ideas i think i'd like to get him little trinkets of things that remind me of him and also make a few little things. Thank you, you have inspired me soooooo much!!! ( feeling a bit too excited that i want to get started straight away... hahah) ooooh wow you are making a laptop table for your SO ^^ i'd love to see it when it's done that seems pretty cool ^^ and heavy/big for postage haha

Comment

This is perfect!!! thank you!
                        i honestly never thought to do that because me and my SO always have these really deep conversations and he always tells me these little things and when i remember them he gets really surprised and happy that i remembered about them! I'm actually very excited now! and have a whole ton of ideas i think i'd like to get him little trinkets of things that remind me of him and also make a few little things. Thank you, you have inspired me soooooo much!!! ( feeling a bit too excited that i want to get started straight away... hahah) ooooh wow you are making a laptop table for your SO ^^ i'd love to see it when it's done that seems pretty cool ^^ and heavy/big for postage haha
                        Glad I could help

This is how it looks like now, won't do many changes anymore, just need to secure the cushion kind o thing under it. I mixed the colour myself, the lighter parts are the exact coordinates of our houses. He always complains he get too hot with his laptop on his lap so I'm sure he'll be thrilled Best part is that I don't think he knows these exist, and it turned out to be fairly easy to make, too

Comment

Oh wow!! that's so impressive. How long did it take you to make it? :o i'm sure he'll love that. I really love practical gifts ^^ i love how thoughtful your gift is, very sweet!
                          i can understand what he means by the laptop being too hot haha, my laptop tends to overheat at times and it really does feel like it's burning my leg off!

Comment

From drawing to the final gluing and fixing (not done yet because I don't have the material) it took maybe 10 hours, drying time for glue and paint included. Thinking of making one for myself as well, I don't really have a desk (it's occupied by the sewing machine >.< ) it'd be useful whenever I do some work on my laptop or just need something to write on... It's really just to cut out a decent kidney bean shaped piece of wood, sandpaper it and possibly file the edges, drill two holes for the handle, paint it, make they cushion an stuff it, tie the handle to it and glue the cushion on and fix it by nailing it to the wood I just tried weighing it as well, and it's actually only ca 1,6 kg, depending on how thick/what kind of wood being used this could be more or less. I used ca 1 cm thick plywood

Comment

Oh wow, i honestly would have thought that it had taken you atleast a few days/to a week to make it! :o it's honestly such a clever and useful thing to make.
                              but you make it sound so easy :P how do you even have access to all of those tools? it really is lovely! what makes it even more special is the fact that you
                              made it all completely! your SO will love it so much!! let me know what your SO says about it when he receives it ^^

Comment

Working...
                              X