Men's clothing help - USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Men's clothing help - USA

I've had an idea to buy my SO a nice warm coat for Christmas, he lives in Virginia which is fairly warm/scorching hot in the summer and doesn't own a decent coat. As he's coming here in February where it will be freezing I figured it was a good present. Anyway, as I've never seen him wear a coat I actually have no idea what to buy, I've tried to think of ways to subtly get it into a conversation but am failing. If any men (or women in the know) can suggest something I would be delighted! I wandered round the stores today and felt clueless.

He mainly wears causal clothes, his staple is his carhaart pants and a t-shirt (he blames the redneck genes!) and wears an XL size wise....... help!?!?!

I think peacoats are really slick and can be worn with just about everything. You can wear them with jeans and a sweat shirt (or sweat pants, which I have done on more than one occasion), or dress them up with a suit and tie. I've bought almost all mine from Old Navy. I'd get a dark blue, black or grey. This one is only $47. The only issue I could see buying online would be that because they are fitted in the shoulders, it's usually better to try them on first.

Good luck

Comment

I would say a peacoat but I don't know if that's too much of a different style for him. The LL Bean outerwear section might help give ideas? https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/512918?nav=gnro-26
      When two hearts are meant for each other, no distance is too far,
      no time is too long, and no other love can break them apart.

Comment

Well, if he is more redneck like then a peacoat probably wouldn't be his style. Maybe try looking on the Carhartt website at their coats. I've heard they're really warm, especially the artic ones; although, I have no idea how expensive they are.
        sigpic

To read our love story, click here.

Comment

The only jacket my SO will wear is just a simple Colombia fleece one. Those and Northfaces are pretty popular here. I think it all depends on your SO though, maybe you can link him to a couple and be like "oh, you'd look super cute in this!" or something.

Comment

What's your price range? I know some good stores that I could refer you to, but they are a little on the pricier side. >.>

I second everyone above me, especially Columbia. That's a reliable brand.

Comment

One way to bring it up in conversation is say my friend is looking at jackets for her boyfriend/brother/parent/friend etc and they'd (friend) like a guys opinion on the ones they've selected. Send the links to the jackets and then for sizing you could say he's around your build or height, what sizes should my friend be looking at as she doesn't want to get something that's too tight.

As for jacket styles I have no clue, the only guy i really know (my best friend) likes spider, burton, descent and the other snowboarding brands lol.

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

Given that he likes to dress casually, I reckon that a parka would be better for your SO. You can wear them with anything really.

I know that Northface is reasonably popular in Sweden/Northern Europe so that's one brand worth looking at. It's not too pricey either.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, I've decided to cheat and get his Mom on the case, she's going to do some digging for me

Comment

Working...
                  X