Romantic birthday at home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Romantic birthday at home

Ok I'm saving for a house and my SO is perfectly fine with doing something lowkey at the home for her bday. But I still want to make it romantic... I'm cooking a dinner including crab cakes (she loves when I cook) . I thinking a candlelight picnic in the living room but I want some other ideas to add to the romance. Thanks in advance!

What if you made a recipe she loved as a child? That would be really sweet.

You could also play some nice music as you would find at a fancy restaurant, and make fancy placecards or a 'menu' of sorts.

Comment

Rose pedals on the table or/and flowers in a vase.
      Wipped cream, berries and crumbled oreos for dessert
      Choclate mints by the coffee (like you would get at a restaurant)
      A nice card where you tell her the reasons why you love her
      A cd or a nice dvd as present, you could listen/watch together
      Go out for a stroll (if nice weather)
      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Thanks guys! I'm going to do a chocolate tasting that I found online as well. Since there is no fire place I'm going to draw one on posterboard lol. It's cheesy but funny and cute. I think she'd love it.

Comment

Sounds great! Have fun let us know how it goes!

Comment

Oh sounds romantic enough! Good luck with it! I'm sure she will love whatever you'll do!

Comment

so the dinner was nice! I dont know how to post pictures here (if i can). I did the candlelit picnic with the hand-painted faux fireplace (on posterboard lol) with candles in front as the fire. Then i created these small "long distance love quote" cards and placed them around the picnic are like rose petals. I had wine and cooked a dinner for her. I also did a chocolate tasting and we hand painted our own Christmas ornaments. i created a bday card/poem and menu cards. She loved it!! Sadly... it was short lived. The thing is, i'm not "out" yet and i dont think she could handle that coupled with the distance. I tried my best to show how much i love her and was on the site daily looking for things to keep her smiling. Unfortunately it wasn't enough and we ended it this morning. I wasn't ready to come out to my family and apparently i wasn't putting her first. At least she enjoyed her birthday. I'll take my relationship woes to another area of the forum lol but just wanted to let you all know that she did enjoy it!

Comment

Working...
              X