Suggestions for Mixtapesongs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions for Mixtapesongs?

Making my SO a mixtape. You guys have any advice for songs to put on it?

Sorry for not being of much help with song suggestion, but to me a mixtape is some really personal, or specific to the couple. What would be the use to sticking in there random suggestions of strangers on the internet? Wouldn't it make more sense to put in songs that are meaningful to you, or to you two as a couple?
    I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

I do ofcourse have ideas for songs that are personal to us. But i thought maybe I would get some more inspiration from this. Like if there were songs about loving from a distance, and maybe also someone else would get some inspiration from it.

Comment

A Thousand Miles by Vanessa Carlton is a good LDR song.

Comment

Well if it was me doing it for my SO, i would put things like:

May I - Trading Yesterday (The first song he ever sent me, sort out 'our song'. It was also our first dance)
          Perfect Two - Auburn
          Just The Way You Are - Bruno Mars (He sang it to me once)
          Hey There Delilah - Plain White T's (He sang that once too)
          Ours - Taylor Swift
          Hey, Soul Sister (reminds us both of the summer he proposed)
          I Wont Give Up - Jason Mraz
          Enchanted - Taylor Swift
          A Thousand Years - Christina Perri
          Marry Me - Train
          Little Things - One Direction
          Thinking of Me - Olly Murs
          Talking to the moon - Bruno Mars
          Teenage Dream - Katy Perry
          Love the Way you lie - Eminem ft Rihanna (When we sat up at 3am on skype, i always always had the music channel on tv and this song would play loads so when i listen to is, it reminds me of all those long convos we used to have early on in our relationship )

These are the sort of songs that hold meanings for us, whether it be because they came out around the time we met, listened to alot during visits, our songs, remind us of certain events. Pick out songs that make you remember times when you listen to them, or maybe ones you sent each other or sang for each other (if you do that :P ), Songs that say your feelings better than words etc.

So if there are any songs he's sent you or any that hold memories/feeling, they're the best ones to put on there You could always put the tracklist in with little notes saying why you picked that song for a little extra personal touch Hope this helps!!

Comment

Vanilla Twilight- Owl City
            High- Lighthouse Family
            All my Loving- The Beatles

Are three ldr ones that I've given my SO before. Then there are random funny ones that remind us of times together like "Banana Phone" XD

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
            <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
            The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
            <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
            <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
            Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
            Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

If I were to make a mixtape for my SO these songs would definitely be included because they hold some sort of meaning to both me and my SO. Xanahtas pretty much nailed everything else I wanted to mention. I took the time to gather YouTube links for all of these songs but it would seem my post count is still too low to be able to post links here just yet. But regardless I hope you enjoy!

Ed Sheeran - Kiss Me
              SafetySuit - Never Stop (Wedding Version)
              SafetySuit - Find A Way
              Us -We Found Love (Rihanna Ft. Calvin Harris Cover)
              Us - I Will Wait For You
              Us - Take Me Home
              Us - Missin You Like Crazy
              Carissa Rae (From Us) - Near or Far
              Michael Alvarado (From Us) - Slow Love

Comment

You can also google long-distance love songs or missing-you songs. I searched for words like that on YouTube as well. The songs listed above are great.

Comment

Working...
                X