Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I accidentally opened all of the gifts my boyfriend got me for Christmas. Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I accidentally opened all of the gifts my boyfriend got me for Christmas. Help?

Forgive me if I posted this in the wrong section but I'm hoping it's fine since it is in the gifts/holiday section.

So my boyfriend and I are in a LDR and so, he won't be able to come see me until January for new years so we're celebrating Christmas then. He said he'd be directly sending me gifts to my house so he could wrap them when he gets here. He told me to be on the lookout for a large box today or tomorrow. He didn't tell me what website he ordered from and because I ordered something from the same website (amazon), I accidentally opened his box. Immediately I was outraged thinking I had received some random person's box instead of mine but found it odd how a few of the items inside were things I really wanted. I went on amazon to check my order and it said it was due TOMORROW. Within seconds, I realized what I had done and I couldn't help but fill up with guilt. My boyfriend is coming in about 3 weeks to give these to me and I saw all of them. I even showed my entire family and claimed amazon were idiots for messing up. So my entire family knows what he got me including myself. I feel so so horrible. Should I tell him or do I put on a fake "surprised" face when I unwrap them in three weeks?

It was a honest mistake just tell him. If amazon didn't have their special packing tape I'd say reseal the box and play dumb. Unfortunately that won't work unless u can remove the amazon tape. So I'm sticking with fess up. It is kinda his fault for not saying your present was from amazon.com. Lots of us order from there for the holidays. He prob didn't thing of it. Gl!
    "You want for myself
    You get me like no one else
    I am beautiful with you

I am beautiful with you
    Even in the darkest part of me
    I am beautiful with you
    Make it feel the way it's supposed to be
    You're here with me
    Just show me this and I'll believe
    I am beautiful with you"

-Halestorm

Comment

Thanks, maybe I will just tell him. I just feel so bad!

Comment

I'd just tell him too. It's too risky to fib about it.
        Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

I'd lie about it and then come clean later.

Comment

My SO sees through the whitest of my white lies (he's better at it then my mother is...). If it was me, I'd fess up. Keeping it to yourself for three weeks and pretending to be surprised after unwrapping them sounds stressful! I'd probably start with, "Well, I thought I got the things I ordered from Amazon one day early...". I'm sure he'll understand!

Married: June 9th, 2015

Comment

Yeah... it was an honest mistake and something that could have happened to anyone. Just tell him what you told us. He'll probably feel bad, but it's way better than trying to fib your way out of it.
              Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
              Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
              Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Just be honest about it. He'll see that you were surprised and happy with the gifts. It will probably be one of those amusing Christmas anecdotes you can look back on (:
                “The ties that binds us are sometimes impossible to explain. They connect us even after it seems like the ties should be broken. Some bonds defy distance and time and logic; Because some ties are simply… meant to be.” - Grey’s Anatomy

>Little Box<

Comment

I agree with the others.. it was an honest mistake and it would be way too stressful to hide it and act surprise. I know I wouldn't be able to do it!! It's not a big deal.. he might feel a bit sad at first.. but then he can know about it.. if you pretend to be surprised.. he will probably see right through it and think you aren't happy with it or something.. so best just to say so.. lying is way too stressful even if it's to save the embarrassment or to try and make someone feel better.. it's too risky and will probably cause hurt in the long run that you hid it.. though you know your boyfriend better than us so you will probably be able to tell his reaction to it.. but my advice is to say something. It wasn't your fault... especially since you ordered things that would arrive around the same time and amazon boxes can all look the same!!

Comment

Agree with telling him. There's such a high chance he'll find out or see right through you, and then it'll be so awkward to explain.
                    So, here you are
                    too foreign for home
                    too foreign for here.
                    Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

Originally posted by hopefulteapot View Post
                      Immediately I was outraged thinking I had received some random person's box instead of mine but found it odd how a few of the items inside were things I really wanted. [...] I even showed my entire family and claimed amazon were idiots for messing up. So my entire family knows what he got me including myself.(
                      Sorry, but that's super funny.

I'm also in favor of telling him (lying sucks). Please let us know whether you told him and what his reaction was if you did.
                      first met in 2008 -- started talking online again in 2011 -- decided to go on a date in 2012 -- actually started dating on our first visit in August 2013 --
                      second visit in February 2014 -- third visit in June 2014 -- fourth visit in September 2014

Comment

Yea just tell him. It shouldn't be a big deal as it was an honest mistake.

Comment

Thank you all SO much for the input, I highly appreciate it! I actually ended up telling him in the end as I felt I couldn't lie like that. He was disappointed of course but he completely understood and it made me feel better in the end! I told him to wrap them anyway and I'll act surprised even when he knows I won't be haha.

Comment

Working...
                          X