Sending cookies and other goodies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sending cookies and other goodies?

Okay just to start, I'm REALLY sorry if this has already been posted or I'm posting this in the wrong spot. Still trying to figure out exactly where to post things and if topics have already been posted.

Anyway, for my boyfriend's birthday I really want to send him something sweet, like cookies I know he likes chocolate chip and peanut butter cookies. I've done a little research and all I've found is that sending any cookie other than chocolate chip results in broken cookies and a mess. I was wondering if anyone has had a successful experience sending cookies that weren't chocolate chip? I really want to send peanut butter cookies if possible seeing that they're his favorite, but I'm worried that they will be too soft and break too easily and will be a mess when he gets them. Does anyone have any tips for packaging softer cookies well enough so they won't be destroyed?

Thanks so much!

I sent spritz cookies to Arizona, California, Indiana, & Colorado, and haven't heard they were in pieces so.

I put tissue paper in the bottom of the tin, piled cookies on top, and packed tissue paper in around on top of the pile. Wax paper is also helpful.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
    Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
    Progress: Working on it.

Comment

I wondered about this too. So loves my chocolate cookies but i worry they will break or perhaps not taste as good after the 10 +days it takes to reach Turkey
      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
        I wondered about this too. So loves my chocolate cookies but i worry they will break or perhaps not taste as good after the 10 +days it takes to reach Turkey
        International shipping fresh-baked goodies is a beast I have not yet encountered. My only recommendation would be to expedite shipping on them, or, package up some dough, put that on ice, and expedite that to him.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
        Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
        Progress: Working on it.

Comment

I've yet to send any baked goods internationally, but for the local stuff I always use wax paper. I've not had any complaints about breaking so far, and I always try to send more than just chocolate chip.

Comment

I put bubble wrap on the bottom of the package, in between the containers and on the sides and on top. I packed each kind of cookie in its own airtight container, like ziploc with a lid. In each container, I put some crumbled paper towels in the bottom, some wax paper, a single layer of cookies, then repeated until full. I have done this successfully several times without any problems. My SO said my cookies would have made it to the moon.

Comment

Thanks everyone! I have a feeling I might go crazy and use tons of bubble wrap probably haha but I'd rather be safe than sorry. Thankfully it's not international, it's just from Pennsylvania to Florida and wouldn't take more than a couple days I'm guessing?

Comment

Working...
              X