Message in a bottle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Message in a bottle

Okay, please accept my apology from the beginning. I know several threads exist about "message in a bottle." I tried to find a way to post the links, but I kept losing the previous link. I didn't want to highlight only one. I would encourage everyone to search this forum for "message in a bottle" to see what others have to say about it.

For this post, I wanted to share a success with https://www.invitationinabottle.com/. I ordered my SO one of these for Valentine's Day. It was shipped the next day by 2-day priority mail, and it was perfect. He loved it, and I saw it over Skype. It is a very romantic gift. My SO and I first saw one another at a beach, so I sent the beach version of the bottle with sand and shells in it, sand and shells on the scroll, and a blue bottle. My note included mention of how special that first week we were together was to me.

They have other versions, and you can pick what items go in the bottle. You design the note with your own words and a font of your choice. I'll definitely order another one in the future. Mostly, the site is for invitations, but they do have a selection of bottles that work as a gift. I found mine by searching from the holidays tab.

This is only one option. There are other sites that have been mentioned on this forum, and you can do your own and mail via the post office in the US. I only wanted to share my success. I think you could google how to make your own, too. I loved the professional version from this company, though. I might make my own in the future, but this one was perfect.

Sooooooo cute! Thanks for the link!
    February 2012 -- met online
    August 2012 -- he said "I love you."
    April 2013 -- met in person
    June 2013 -- broke up
    July 2013 -- back together
    August 2013 -- 2nd visit
    October 20, 2013 -- He proposed!
    April 22, 2014 -- Married/closed the distance!

Comment

Cool Valentine's day suprise

Comment

This is such a sweet looking gift. I like it. =]

Comment

My SO bought this for me last VDAY and I still have it sitting on my dresser

Comment

Working...
          X