Anyone ever use one of these books?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ever use one of these books?

So I was really struggling with ideas for a gift for boyfriend for our 1 year anniversary/his birthday since they are within a few weeks of each other, but I managed to get a few helpful ideas from here (you are all so freaking creative, I love it! ) Anyway I managed to get the idea and was really looking into books like these: (https://www.amazon.com/Why-Love-You-...love+about+you) and I really think it would be a cute idea after reading so many great reviews.

So my question(s): Has anyone used one of these types of books and given it to their SO? If so... how did you/they like it? Also, if you have a better suggestion for a book like this or just something else like this in general I would love to know! Thanks

No, but I absolutely love the idea! Not sure if my SO would be interested though...

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

I've never used one either, but I know my SO would like it okay, but not love it. I think these books would work for those that like have words of affirmation as a love language. That's my love language, and I'd love a book like that. I'm sure your SO would appreciate the thought for sure.

Comment

I have! I actually got this exact book! My SO loved it and he still has it, going on 4 years after I gave it to him! He thought it was cute and loved being able to look through it when he wanted or needed a reminder about why I love him so much and now, he really loves it You know your SO and if you think he would like it, go for it! My SO is loves hearing that I love him so I think that's a huge reason why he loves this book. Like piratemama suggested, the Love Language books would be good to give. Anything that he would like to read in general would be good too.
        Our love story:
        Attended the same high school 2004-2007
        Dated CD: June 2009-July 2010
        Reconnected: August 2012
        Began dating LD: November 2012
        Engaged! March 2014
        Closing the distance: December 2015

Comment

Originally posted by BabyGund View Post
          No, but I absolutely love the idea! Not sure if my SO would be interested though...
          I feel the same way! I mean he can be cute and cheesy or sappy at times but I'm just not sure if he would really be into it. I think maybe I would get more out of it than he would.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavenly_Love12 View Post
            I have! I actually got this exact book!
            How was your experience filling it out? Is there anything you didn't like about the book?

Comment

Somehow, I'm just now seeing your questions! From what I remember, I didn't have a hard time filling it out. Some of the questions were pretty typical, "where did you meet? when did you know you were in love with me?" and others were really creative! I don't remember not liking anything about it but I filled it out about 4 years ago to give to my SO for Valentine's Day. I could ask him to pull it out the next time we skype and have him remind me of what all was included in it for you.
              Our love story:
              Attended the same high school 2004-2007
              Dated CD: June 2009-July 2010
              Reconnected: August 2012
              Began dating LD: November 2012
              Engaged! March 2014
              Closing the distance: December 2015

Comment

It sounds like a good idea for an aniversary present
                I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by Heavenly_Love12 View Post
                  Somehow, I'm just now seeing your questions! From what I remember, I didn't have a hard time filling it out. Some of the questions were pretty typical, "where did you meet? when did you know you were in love with me?" and others were really creative! I don't remember not liking anything about it but I filled it out about 4 years ago to give to my SO for Valentine's Day. I could ask him to pull it out the next time we skype and have him remind me of what all was included in it for you.
                  Thanks so much! I actually bought the book and have begun filling it out and I LOVE IT! It's really awesome, although since a few of the prompts require answers from him, we've decided to work on it together. Some of the questions I'm asking him now and he's giving me the answers to, but that's more of the silly things. Once I send it to him I'm going to let him fill in the rest of the more serious questions and hopefully one day I'll get to read his answers when we're together.

Comment

Working...
                  X