Magic mug gift idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magic mug gift idea

I tried another new gift idea for my SO, and he liked it. I ordered a magic mug from WalMart's photo center; this is a mug that looks black until you pour hot liquid in it and the pictures magically appear. There are multiple options for the number of photos and colors, and you can play around with it until the photos are placed to suit you. I uploaded photos of his family, but you could definitely use photos of you and your SO. They aren't expensive, but price varies based on size, your shipping locations, and your shipping methods. I know many other companies would do the same thing. Here's a link: https://photos.walmart.com/walmart/l...t_xffcollageit. Hope the link works.

I want to do a bunch of these as gifts for family and friends, too.

That's so cute! I wish my SO was a hot drink person, I'd get one for him.
    Our love story:
    Attended the same high school 2004-2007
    Dated CD: June 2009-July 2010
    Reconnected: August 2012
    Began dating LD: November 2012
    Engaged! March 2014
    Closing the distance: December 2015

Comment

That's pretty nifty

My SO is a coffee drinker so this would be great for him.. I'll have to bookmark it to come back to for another celebration since I've already got his Valentine stuff.

Comment

Ah that is so cool!! I kinda want one for myself haha since he doesn't drink coffee or tea or anything really that's hot he would never see the pictures lol, but that's still so cool and a great idea!

Comment

Thats really cool!!

Comment

I finally got to see the one I sent my SO tonight on Skype. It turned out really well; the pictures look great. He said it came packaged well in styrofoam. It's totally black until hot liquid is poured into it, then the pictures are crisp and clear. I was afraid it would be blurry, but it's not. Just think how these could work out for so many occasions. You could send these as wedding gifts - give one to the groom with pictures of the bride on his and vice versa for hers. There are just too many possibilities for these mugs.

Comment

Working...
            X