Spring Break

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring Break

My SO is living in another state. She is in grad school. She will basically be studying through her Spring break and I won't be able to go hang out with her. So I wanted to send her something to say I'm thinking of her and to help with her week of studying.

One idea was to send her a gift card for the local coffee shop near her so she can maybe take a break there and get something or study there. When I went to go visit her we hung out there.

Any other ideas? What are good gifts for those deep in study/students. Just a small simple gift. I was thinking of the gift card, an actual card, and just writing her a small note. Maybe spray a little of the cologne I wear on the note?

p.s.

For Valentines Day, I did really well. I bought her this gift at Sapphora that she wanted and I knew because I went with her shopping and she wasn't able to buy it at the time. She loved the card I got her. And I got her these flowers that were purple. I actually didn't know until today that purple is her favorite color. Wow. I got lucky. thank God.

You are so cute! I think the gift card idea is a really good idea! I am not a student, and was terrible at studying when I was. So I can't think of anything that goes with that, BUT... I just made this gift for my boyfriend. I cut up little strips of paper and wrote nice things on it. Things like reasons why I'm in love with him, or how cute he is or that I was thinking about him, those sorts of things. you could do the same and intertwine some encouraging things like, "you can do it," or "maybe just five more minutes and THEN take a break" or "i have faith in you" just little things like that to show that you care. i made as many papers as we are days apart. I actually made about 15 more, so on some days he can open two. its nice for them to know that you care with little things. Also, handwriting them makes them more personal!

Comment

Originally posted by eeelaynuh View Post
      You are so cute! I think the gift card idea is a really good idea! I am not a student, and was terrible at studying when I was. So I can't think of anything that goes with that, BUT... I just made this gift for my boyfriend. I cut up little strips of paper and wrote nice things on it. Things like reasons why I'm in love with him, or how cute he is or that I was thinking about him, those sorts of things. you could do the same and intertwine some encouraging things like, "you can do it," or "maybe just five more minutes and THEN take a break" or "i have faith in you" just little things like that to show that you care. i made as many papers as we are days apart. I actually made about 15 more, so on some days he can open two. its nice for them to know that you care with little things. Also, handwriting them makes them more personal!
      Thanks for the reply! That is an awesome idea about the strips of paper with the encouragement statements. How did you give the strips of paper to him? Did you tape them down or just give them all together loose? I thought maybe of taping them down somehow to the card and then she can open them all at once or open one when she wants. Either way, good idea. Thanks!!

Comment

The strips of paper idea is cute, and would totally motivate me in studying! Hopefully it'll help your SO. Maybe stick them in a yellow envelope that can be clasped shut, or a ziplock bag so she has a way to store them and always know where they are? Coffee and coffee shop gift cards sound like the most amazing gift ever! ...from the perspective of a student with a coffee obsession. Maybe a special travel mug or like, Edible Arrangements? I don't know if they're in Wisconsin or how much you're willing to spend but they're nice "thinking of you" gifts and provide more "healthy" munchies since the arrangements are mostly fruits, or chocolate covered fruits.

Above all, the notes/cards maybe even with the cologne, sound like a great idea. Simple and provides encouragement and support. That would be so nice!
        When two hearts are meant for each other, no distance is too far,
        no time is too long, and no other love can break them apart.

Comment

You sound very romantic and thoughtful. I think the coffee shop gift card would be awesome, because it shows you are thinking of what she likes, what she needs, and what might help her through a tough time. The fact that you watch her shopping to pick up on what she wants is totally amazing. Most girls would appreciate the thought you put into a gift.

Comment

You could always just send a care package. I know when I'm studying the last thing I want to do is go to the store... You could include the gift card, Ramen, maybe oreos or some other kind of cookies.... Just something to make her smile. Also I would definitely add a little note in there too!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by conejita_hada View Post
              The strips of paper idea is cute, and would totally motivate me in studying! Hopefully it'll help your SO. Maybe stick them in a yellow envelope that can be clasped shut, or a ziplock bag so she has a way to store them and always know where they are? Coffee and coffee shop gift cards sound like the most amazing gift ever! ...from the perspective of a student with a coffee obsession. Maybe a special travel mug or like, Edible Arrangements? I don't know if they're in Wisconsin or how much you're willing to spend but they're nice "thinking of you" gifts and provide more "healthy" munchies since the arrangements are mostly fruits, or chocolate covered fruits.

Above all, the notes/cards maybe even with the cologne, sound like a great idea. Simple and provides encouragement and support. That would be so nice!
              Great idea about healthy munchies while studying. There is a Whole Foods near her. I think I will also get her a gift card there. There is a particular snack I told her about and showed her that I carry with me usually. I know they sell it at most all Whole Foods. Thank you for your encouragement, thoughts, ideas and reply. You got me so hyped up, I went and bought the card already.

Comment

Originally posted by piratemama View Post
                You sound very romantic and thoughtful. I think the coffee shop gift card would be awesome, because it shows you are thinking of what she likes, what she needs, and what might help her through a tough time. The fact that you watch her shopping to pick up on what she wants is totally amazing. Most girls would appreciate the thought you put into a gift.
                Thank you so much. I've had this crazy romantic side of me that I've been looking for the right person to share it with. I think I have found her. Thank you so much for your thoughts. That is definitely what I want to represent with this gift. Thank you again for the reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Kristin91 View Post
                  You could always just send a care package. I know when I'm studying the last thing I want to do is go to the store... You could include the gift card, Ramen, maybe oreos or some other kind of cookies.... Just something to make her smile. Also I would definitely add a little note in there too!
                  A care package sounds awesome. I know there are certain things she loves to get at a Korean market, but I'm not sure what they are. I know there is a specific type of Korean instant ramen she likes. =/ But it's definitely something I want to consider.

Comment

Working...
                  X