Recipe Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recipe Book

I've been making this recipe book for myself and my SO. Its halfway a gift for us as a couple, but more-so a project of life/wife practice for myself. I really enjoy looking up recipes online for my and my man to eat. I haven't made any of them yet. I thought about practicing them on my roommate, but I'd rather just wait until my SO and I close the distance and he can try all of my crappy cooking first hand. He's expressed great interest in this idea as well, he's put in requests for dishes, and told me he wants to help make them too. (:

The way that I do it, is I have an old photo album that has a description part. On 4x6'' index cards I write out the recipes. Ingredients first, and then the directions. I bought a bunch of colored sharpies so they look pretty. I print out color pictures of the dishes and tape them next to the dish, and PRESTO, it looks like a REAL cookbook.

I love flipping through it and looking at all the delicious food we are about to embark on. (:

Just thought I'd share this with the world! (i'm really excited about it)

eeelaynuh.

Fabulous idea and one I may steal for his birthday in June as food is a big obsession for both of us

Comment

I love the idea of a shared cookbook I thought perhaps I would do it the other way around; making a book over dishes we have made together (or to each other), so it would be like our love journey in food (plus I have the copyright to the pictures since I took them)
      Last edited by differentcountries; March 2, 2014, 05:23 PM.
      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I like the idea! You should take pictures of your food and print those instead of looking for them online! I think that would make it even better

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
        First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
        Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
        Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
        Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
        Married: 1/24/2015
        Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Originally posted by snow View Post
          I like the idea! You should take pictures of your food and print those instead of looking for them online! I think that would make it even better
          great idea! i might wait until i get a few of them under my belt. the pictures from the internet make it look so good, i don't know if i can do it justice yet! lol.

Comment

Thats a great idea! :o Can you post pics of what the book looks like so far?
            “The ties that binds us are sometimes impossible to explain. They connect us even after it seems like the ties should be broken. Some bonds defy distance and time and logic; Because some ties are simply… meant to be.” - Grey’s Anatomy

>Little Box<

Comment

Working...
            X