a box amongst his boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a box amongst his boxes

My SO is moving for work in approximately three weeks. I want to hide a box of things amongst his boxes or a few things wrapped in one of the boxes when I help him pack so that he discovers it later whilst unpacking. I am planning on doing "open when" letters and was thinking about putting a framed picture of myself or us or both in there with it. I am going to include a webcam for his desktop of course. I was hoping a guy out there would know a good idea of some more things to put in a box like this to send with him as a good starter kit for our LDR. Thank you so much in advance.

TL;DR things to hide in a moving box for my SO when he goes away

Are you not afraid it will get lost? If I was you I would rather send it as a housewarming gift to his new adress.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
      Are you not afraid it will get lost? If I was you I would rather send it as a housewarming gift to his new adress.
      He is a very organized person so I doubt it. The nature of his new job involves a lot of travel so he won't have a new permanent address for a good bit. But if I put it in the same box as some important things he'll have it or if I label the box properly and pack it like it should it should be fine.

Comment

Sounds like a wonderful idea! Include something that he considers a special treat that wouldn't spoil or melt. For example, I love trail mix and would appreciate that in my package. I like the idea of the open when letters in your box. That's a cool way of giving them to him.

Comment

I couldn't ignore a subject containing "boxes" :P Since you mentioned he'll be traveling a lot how about a few books if he likes reading or puzzle/word search/crossword books to keep him preoccupied. You could make them so they're specifically about the two of you to give them a personal touch.
          “The ties that binds us are sometimes impossible to explain. They connect us even after it seems like the ties should be broken. Some bonds defy distance and time and logic; Because some ties are simply… meant to be.” - Grey’s Anatomy

>Little Box<

Comment

I love this idea! I am going to use it when we move together, that is wonderful!

I think a picture frame with pictures of you is really nice. You can also put in all kinds of stuff that you know he likes, certain sweets (that don't go bad quickly), certain books or some toys. It's more about the gesture than finding expensive items that he would need. A webcamm, like you said, is gonna be nice, encouraging words will surely help with the distance, maybe some inside jokes that you can write down or find a way to remind him of those.

In general I think everyone appreciates it if you remember small things about them and show that you listened to them. Try to remember what he really likes and put some of those things in there.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
            First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
            Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
            Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
            Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
            Married: 1/24/2015
            Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Cool idea. Nice surprise while doing the drudgery of unpacking.

Comment

Working...
              X