Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Words in a bottle and handmade plushies!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Words in a bottle and handmade plushies!

I've read gift ideas involving lists and reasons why you love your significant other, I took that and added my own spin on it. I made this “words in a bottle” for my boyfriend. He’s a writer, a Word Warrior. Each piece of paper has a unique word written upon it. The idea was to have him pick a word a day and use it as inspiration to write a poem/ramble/thought containing the word. I have no idea how many folded words there are in there, I just scribbled and folded and poked them in until it seemed full enough. I made the little "Word Warrior" tag thing and added a button and gold string to make it appear a little whimsical. I was pretty pleased with and I'm glad to say he loved it

We both have an unnatural (seemingly natural to ourselves) love for boxes and anything remotely box-shaped. He goes by "Crate" and my Tumblr url when we first met was littleboxgirl, so he calls me "Little Box". I channeled my creativity and after precise measuring and many sore pricked fingers I ended up with these two creations, affectionately known as Crate Crate and Little Box Box. Regrettably, I was unable to replicate his dimples on Crate Crate.

They're comfortably nesting above Crate's bed (:
    “The ties that binds us are sometimes impossible to explain. They connect us even after it seems like the ties should be broken. Some bonds defy distance and time and logic; Because some ties are simply… meant to be.” - Grey’s Anatomy

>Little Box<

I LOVE this and may have to do something similar for my SO when I put a box together.

Comment

Aren't you creative? I love the boxes and the bottle. Wonderful ideas.

Comment

SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTANDS THE LOVE FOR BOXES!!
        Finally I can say I am not alone anymore - for christmas I asked my man to buy some of the boxes I really liked and people thought I was weird..

Anyway!

I think the word warrior idea is great and I love what you did with the bottle, it is very creative! My man is a writer too and I might steal this idea and give him a 30 day challenge with words to write poems/stories myself

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
        First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
        Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
        Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
        Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
        Married: 1/24/2015
        Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

The little boxes are adorable

Comment

I too love boxes, or organizing units of any kind, but boxes are a favourite.

Your gifts are really cute and crafty.
            I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
            - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Awh, thank you all for your kind comments (: Its great to see other box-enthusiasts here - THEY DO EXIST! :o
              “The ties that binds us are sometimes impossible to explain. They connect us even after it seems like the ties should be broken. Some bonds defy distance and time and logic; Because some ties are simply… meant to be.” - Grey’s Anatomy

>Little Box<

Comment

Wow this is so awesome! I wish i was creative, but there is no chance i will ever be able to make this haha!
                With you or with no one.

Comment

thats genius! i made a little box with papers for my SO to inspire him to be okay while we are apart. but i like this idea even better! he is so smart, it would be fun to inspire him for our daily creative time! THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Suuz View Post
                    Wow this is so awesome! I wish i was creative, but there is no chance i will ever be able to make this haha!
                    It really isn't that difficult! You'll be surprised once you give it a try.

Originally posted by eeelaynuh View Post
                    thats genius! i made a little box with papers for my SO to inspire him to be okay while we are apart. but i like this idea even better! he is so smart, it would be fun to inspire him for our daily creative time! THANK YOU!
                    I'm glad you found it inspiring (:

>Little Box<

Comment

Working...
                    X