Manly gift Idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manly gift Idea?

Okay, so I was trying to think of a gift to give when my heart comes for a visit this summer. I was trying to think of something I could make for him, rather than buy. At first, I was thinking a tied fleece blanket, but then I thought I'd save that idea for some other time, like maybe the next visit. Then it hit me, a Paracord Bracelet!
    He's in the army, so I was going to do some colors of the Army's camo. Which is most likely black, forest green, and like a neon green. Any ideas? I was hoping it'd be a nice thoughtful gift. =)
    (I would share a link of what the bracelet might look like... but this is my first post, and therefore, LFAD won't let me) ^-^
    "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

I shall deliver:

I think this is a very nice idea! My future brother in law made these bracelets in pink for his wife and his mother and they loved it. I think he is gonna like this

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
    First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
    Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
    Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
    Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
    Married: 1/24/2015
    Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Originally posted by snow View Post
      I think he is gonna like this
      Thanks for posting the picture =) I hope he does, I had to see what SOMEONE thought, I mean I want to surprise him, but I also wanted to make sure it was a nice enough idea. ^-^
      "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

I like the idea too. It's something he could wear and think of you without getting picked on or feeling girly.

Comment

It looks a bit like the bracelet I got my bf for our upcoming 6 month aniversery
          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
          - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

=) Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by nottheprincesspeach View Post
              something he could wear and think of you without getting picked on or feeling girly.
              I definetly tried to keep that in mind when thinking of the gift =) thanks

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
                It looks a bit like the bracelet I got my bf for our upcoming 6 month aniversery
                Aw cute! did he like it?

Comment

I like the bracelet but I don't like the plastic fastening, I get that it's supposed to look masculine but it looks a bit 'cheap'. I wonder if there is a nicer way of fastening it together.

Comment

Originally posted by 80anthea View Post
                    I like the bracelet but I don't like the plastic fastening, I get that it's supposed to look masculine but it looks a bit 'cheap'. I wonder if there is a nicer way of fastening it together.
                    there's a metal buckle (like that of a belt) you make a good point, I'll keep that in mind ^-^

Comment

make sure you don't use neon green. you don't want him too visible! the army colors are two different pale greens and a tan now.

Comment

Originally posted by eeelaynuh View Post
                        make sure you don't use neon green. you don't want him too visible!
                        Um, as far as I can tell, that's the usa's army's camoflauge color (I see that a lot) thr canadians army camo colors are the ones I have listed (correct me if I'm wrong).
                        This would be for just every day wear, I wouldn't expect him to wear it during training or anything,(he just got back from a tour, and won't be going back for a while yet) so I don't think it matters how visible it is. I found the perfect paracord color that has black and brightish green throughout the entire cord, so I think I'll be using that.
                        Thank you for the input though =)

Comment

Originally posted by Unconditional View Post
                          Um, as far as I can tell, that's the usa's army's camoflauge color (I see that a lot) thr canadians army camo colors are the ones I have listed (correct me if I'm wrong).
                          This would be for just every day wear, I wouldn't expect him to wear it during training or anything,(he just got back from a tour, and won't be going back for a while yet) so I don't think it matters how visible it is. I found the perfect paracord color that has black and brightish green throughout the entire cord, so I think I'll be using that.
                          Thank you for the input though =)

you're so right! i read you locations backwards! lol. I thought he was from the US and you were from canada! haha. how funny! sorry about the mixup. (:

Comment

Originally posted by eeelaynuh View Post
                            you're so right! i read you locations backwards! lol. I thought he was from the US and you were from canada! haha. how funny! sorry about the mixup. (:
                            Perfectly understandable, in fact seems like something I would've done lol Honestly, no problem at all =)

Comment

As he is in army i think many a time such guys posting is done to the places which are very chill where they have to wear couples of clothes to get the heat and sustain in such cold weather. So why don't you stitch a sweater for him it will be with him all time.

Comment

Working...
                              X