coffee subscriptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

coffee subscriptions

This is a gift idea for anyone who has a coffee-obsessed SO like mine.

There are coffee roasters that offer "coffee subscriptions" where you can choose how much and what kind (or a variety) of coffee to be sent to someone's door. Different places offer different options for how often (weekly, every 2 weeks, monthly, etc.) and you can choose the length of "subscription" you want to pay for.

I know they have them in the US and New Zealand, sorry I don't know about elsewhere!

I just did one with a company in New Zealand for my SO. His birthday is at the very end of April, but I started a 5-week subscription at the beginning of April, so that he'll get 5 small bags of different coffees, 1 a week, to try for his whole birthday month.

Going with a company in his country saves me the costs of shipping it myself (though I still have a different present to mail for his actual birthday) and it's kinda neat because it's recurring without me doing anything. The coffee just shows up at his door and puts a smile on his face.
    Since it's with the roaster directly, it's a bit better quality than doing one of those "coffee of the month" clubs or something, too.

Just kind of a cool gift option for coffee lovers.

Oh my God, thank you so much for this! My SO lives off of coffee-pretty sure it's pumping in his veins. This is an awesome idea, I'll have to look into it!

Comment

That's a nifty idea! Have you used any companies in the US that you recommend?
      ~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Bluejay Belle View Post
        That's a nifty idea! Have you used any companies in the US that you recommend?
        I haven't personally used a company in the US, but people swear by one called Counter Culture. It was actually me reading an acquaintance's FB status talking about how awesome they were that got me looking into coffee subscriptions.

https://counterculturecoffee.com/store/subscriptions

There are also lists of reviews for coffee subscription places if you google.

Comment

Originally posted by RachelAnne View Post
          Oh my God, thank you so much for this! My SO lives off of coffee-pretty sure it's pumping in his veins. This is an awesome idea, I'll have to look into it!
          Haha, sounds like we have similar SOs. I'm pretty sure mine can't function until he's had a huge cup of coffee!

Comment

Thank you for a great gift idea that would work well for LDRs.

Comment

Working...
            X