Moving present

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving present

My SO is going to be quitting his job in two weeks! And that's a pretty big deal because he's worked there 13 years. And it means we're almost moving to the USA. So I thought it'd be nice to do something for him.

His last day will be a Friday and I get home about 30 minutes before him, and then have to pick him up from work and drive him home (though it is quite likely he'll go out with his friends after work). I'm not very good with being creative. I was thinking of printing off pictures of places we've been and places we want to go and putting them in a "timeline" around the apartment.

That weekend we have a wedding to go to, but I could plan a surprise weekend trip for the next weekend? I don't know, I'm trying here...

Any ideas on how to refine my messy ideas?

I like the timeline idea. You could get a ball of yarn and start at when you met at the door. Then follow the string along to the bedroom with what you've done OH OH you could even have little activities along the way. Like you met at a club? You could have to dance together for a song before moving along the time line, to say a special dinner you had or an awesome place you had a beer and then drink a beer. I won't bother going on, if you like it I'll think of some more stuff for ya

Comment

Awww that's cute! Some of the great memories you've had in CR? That would be nice and nostalgic. I do also like the idea of another weekend trip-- a "last hurrah" of sorts for you before you leave the country. Maybe you could even hit up some places you've gone before that you also have fond memories of.

I don't know if there are any special kinds of pastries or cakes or something easy to get in CR that you won't get much in the states, but I know my SO loves food and that would be the kind of gift I'd give to him. :P
      Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
      Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
      Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Working...
      X