His Birthday Gift!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His Birthday Gift!?

Usually I'm pretty good at coming up with ideas to give my boyfriend for holidays and such, but I think I've run out of ideas..

His birthday is at the end of June, and he's flying down the day after his birthday. I have absolutely NO idea what to give him. My birthday is a couple days after his and he already told me he was making me something awesome for my birthday. (He's a graphic designer). So I'm sure it's going to be creative and thoughtful and I'm over here like "..."

I was thinking about just putting together a box of small gifts I know he would like, but I wanted to do something personal :/ If anyone has any ideas of things ya'll gave your SO's for birthdays or anything, any suggestion/help would be appreciated !

My SO will be here next weekend to celebrate his bday. I got him a Movado watch. Last year I got him an iPad and a blue ray player and I also got him a 3d wizard ($30) that came with 3d glasses. The 3d wizard turned his tv into a 3d tv! Super cool!
    sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

For my SO's birthday last year, I made him a coupon book. I bought a bunch of pieces of colorful construction paper to use as the coupons. On each coupon, I wrote things such as, "This coupon is good for one free kiss." Then I sprayed a bunch of sparkles and fake jewels on the coupons. It was kinda cheesy, but he loved it!
      I'm sure whatever you get him, he'll love it because it's from the heart

Comment

What are his favorite interests and hobbies? The best gifts are the ones that are actually wanted the most and not the ones that seem cool to give. If he loves a certain sports team, then buy him tickets to it. If he is a whiskey drinker(If he is old enough), get him a bottle of the expensive one you can afford. Something like making of mix CD of his favorite movies or songs are really personal and sweet, but will he really enjoy using it? If the budget is tight then you can also get one medium cost gift but a small add on to make it more personal. Like for me, I would buy my man a nice bottle of whiskey and add a small box of Belgium chocolates to go with it.
        "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
        Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions! He'll actually just be turning 21, but unfortunately I'm not 21 yet and cannot buy him alcohol, haha. I definitely would if I was old enough.

I think i'm going to put together a birthday box to give to him when he's here, and include small items that he'll love and are useful to him...I even though about adding some southern food and snacks in it, since he loves the food down here. Anything that he can eat, I think is a good idea

Comment

Yeah you can't go wrong with little things that he likes. He'll appreciate it cause it will show how well you know him. Happy early birthday to the two of you and enjoy ^^

Met online: 04.19.14
            Became a couple: 04.23.14
            First Visit: 08.09.14-08.15.14
            Second Visit: 12.17.14-12.28.14
            Third Visit: 02.13.15-02.15.15
            Fourth Visit: 04.03.15-04.06.15
            CLOSED THE DISTANCE/GOT MARRIED: 06.22.15/06.27.15

Comment

You could make the little items 21 themed if you wanted to give it a little extra personal touch - like 21 reasons why you love him on a list, or making the deck of cards book, but only using 21 cards (https://www.52reasonsiloveyou.com/) instead of the full deck. Maybe 21 cookies, or pieces of candy?

Comment

I am so cheesy.. I am aware of this... Last year I got my SO a kind of amazing gift. He always says the phrase to me, "I love you to the moon and back" this being said, I bought him a star on a star naming website. Yes, i am aware these may not be real but, He held a piece of paper that is Becky and Jim's Star... It was something we both loved and now, every once in awhile, he will say I love you to our star and back. It is something we will have forever! Hope this helps!

Comment

Thank you all for the suggestions! Unfortunately, my SO is not the sappy/romantic type, so I still haven't come up with a good enough gift :/ I think I may just put together a box with some of his favorite snacks, and little things I think he would enjoy. Nothing spectacular, but I think I've sent him enough good stuff in the mail before. Hopefully he likes it...

Comment

Originally posted by RachelAnne View Post
                    Thank you all for the suggestions! Unfortunately, my SO is not the sappy/romantic type, so I still haven't come up with a good enough gift :/ I think I may just put together a box with some of his favorite snacks, and little things I think he would enjoy. Nothing spectacular, but I think I've sent him enough good stuff in the mail before. Hopefully he likes it...
                    Don't sell him too short. My boyfriend isn't all that romantic either (though rare, when he is, it's wonderful), but I always do romantic things for him, even when he tells me how lame I am. Lol. His secret (well not really a secret anymore) is that he loves it. He's saved every single card that I've ever given to him since we met, and every single email I've written to him. Just because he may not be that way towards you, doesn't mean he still won't love it.

For Valentine's Day I actually had a key chain made for him and he adores it:

It was a set and the key chain says "Her One", our initials, and our anniversary, while the necklace I picked is a heart that says "His Only".

I got it from Etsy - My Hero Creations, link to the item. The shop owner is great and she has other stuff too. You can FB her and find her page, she has even more things posted on there.

Just in case you wanted to do something personal.

Originally posted by blankita719 View Post
                    You could make the little items 21 themed if you wanted to give it a little extra personal touch - like 21 reasons why you love him on a list, or making the deck of cards book, but only using 21 cards (https://www.52reasonsiloveyou.com/) instead of the full deck. Maybe 21 cookies, or pieces of candy?
                    I'm actually going to do this when I get the chance and was so happy you posted this link! I had only seen it on Pinterest and have had it in my head for the past couple weeks that I wanted to do this for my boyfriend. Our year and a half anniversary is on the 22nd so I figured this would be nice. Just because.
                    Last edited by whatruckus; June 18, 2014, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X