Is this silly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this silly?

So I thought of writing a letter every day until I leave to meet him for the first time and making it into a scrapbook to give him when I'm there. Is this silly? He said he loved the idea. I think I am going to do it regardless of it being silly or not. He wants me to, so I will. I think I answered my own question.

It's not silly. I keep a journal to write things in, when we meet I'll show him the pages that include him in it.
    "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

I am actually terrible with craft-sy stuff so while I was in the dollar store I found these notebooks and they're not ringed, they're sewn. Well inside it says at the top "Our story begins" and I was like "This is perfect!" The paper is a nice golden yellow not like the usual notebook white. So I got two and will write my letters in them instead and give it to him.

Comment

I think it's a great idea! I got into the habit of keeping a small journal and writing letters once a month on our "monthiversaries" just to keep memories of things that we did that month and moments we shared and all that cheesy stuff I'm getting ready to give him those letters soon

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah96 View Post
          I think it's a great idea! I got into the habit of keeping a small journal and writing letters once a month on our "monthiversaries" just to keep memories of things that we did that month and moments we shared and all that cheesy stuff I'm getting ready to give him those letters soon
          I use that word. Someone teased me saying we hadn't been together a year so it wasn't anniversary. Then I said monthiversary. lol

Comment

Originally posted by LadyDean View Post
            I use that word. Someone teased me saying we hadn't been together a year so it wasn't anniversary. Then I said monthiversary. lol
            That's how it started with us. After saying anniversary for a few months he made fun of me then said we can't call it that because it hadn't yet been a year, so then he suggested monthiversary... and I love it! It's so "us" like it's silly and something we would say it's cute and adorable and I just like having a reason to celebrate every single month lol

Comment

It is absolutely not silly! It's thoughtful and sweet, and he will appreciate it.

When I was a young Navy wife, I kept a journal the whole time my husband was out to sea, and he did too, and then we traded journals when he got home. I also wrote to him faithfully every day while he was away. We didn't have the Internet back then, so no e-mail, no Social Networks, No Facebook, and no Skype. Just snail mail and regular phone calls (no texting, either, because mobile phones hadn't been invented yet, back in the 60's and early 70's).

TWO HEARTS BEATING AS ONE, LOVE BRIGHTER THAN THE SUN...

Nothing Can Keep Us Apart, Safe In Each Other's Heart

Comment

I think it sounds incredibly cute and romantic My boyfriend and I love writing to each other, it gives us a little "sneak peak" of what goes on in the other's head.

sigpic

Comment

I don't think that it's silly at all....I love the idea and I think it is so sweet! Even if it was silly, sometimes the silly things are well-received. Cheese factor in an LDR definitely is a must! But yeah, I absolutely love that idea so I say go for it!! He will love it.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Ive just started a scrapbook for my boyfriend, his birthday is in november and I'm not great at crafting at all but once you get the ball rolling its so much fun and becomes a little project. Its not silly at all

Comment

Great idea! Go with it, it's such a nice personal gift.

Comment

Working...
                      X