Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to ask the ring size without being obvious?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to ask the ring size without being obvious?

I don't know hot to ask his ring size, I don't have anything to get for his birthday, my birthday and our anniversary, I couldn't buy a perfume for him since he already have one, and I want to give us a ring to remember the day where we will meet again after 10 years of being friends, lovers and so on..

Can anybody gave me an idea?

Last edited by dhebz; September 4, 2014, 03:12 AM. Reason: wrong spelling

You could get him a bracelet instead, or a picture of a ring as a sort of voucher (and then you buy it together).
    first met in 2008 -- started talking online again in 2011 -- decided to go on a date in 2012 -- actually started dating on our first visit in August 2013 --
    second visit in February 2014 -- third visit in June 2014 -- fourth visit in September 2014

Comment

Do you know he'd like wearing a ring? Some men don't like rings at all (both my brothers hate wearing rings) and much rather wear a necklace, bracelet or key chain.

Other than that, there isn't really a way to ask for his ring size, other than ask for his ring size, especially long distance :P If I want to find something out I look for something that has some kind of interesting information, like "the size of your ring finger determines XY", of course that is just a catch to get him to give me the information I need haha

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
      First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
      Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
      Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
      Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
      Married: 1/24/2015
      Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

or you could "Borrow" a ring he currently wears and trace it.

Comment

Do you know any of his friends or family members? They could give him a decoy ring. They could be all like "Hey I recently got this ring and it doesn't fit me, wanna see if it fits you?" They will have to know the size of the ring. They could then use it as a ballpark estimate of his size.

Comment

My husband didn't even know his ring size until we started shopping for wedding rings. If he doesn't already wear rings, I wouldn't count on him actually knowing what size he needs. If rings are something he enjoys, I would just try to bring it up in every day conversation. Something like "My friend has such giant fingers. He told me he wears a size 12! Do you know what size you wear?" Honestly, I'm a believer that anytime a ring is brought up in conversation people are going to be suspicious.

Comment

Originally posted by dizzyupthemeg View Post
              My husband didn't even know his ring size until we started shopping for wedding rings. If he doesn't already wear rings, I wouldn't count on him actually knowing what size he needs. If rings are something he enjoys, I would just try to bring it up in every day conversation. Something like "My friend has such giant fingers. He told me he wears a size 12! Do you know what size you wear?" Honestly, I'm a believer that anytime a ring is brought up in conversation people are going to be suspicious.
              Agreed

Comment

Thank you guys! for your messages! hmmm ... I guess I will try to ask his cousin about it, so it won't be that obvious..
                I don't know if he likes wearing a ring but if he doesn't then I would ask him to wear it LOL!

thanks!

Comment

Alternatively, you can put it on a chain and have him wear it as a necklace. I know a lot of guys who aren't into wearing rings every day, but I've seen a lot of guys wear them as a necklace.
                  [CENTER]

first met: ~10.03
                  became official: 28.03.11
                  first meeting: 08.06.12 - 24.06.12 (jason in vancouver)
                  second meeting: 18.07.13 - 30.07.13 (jason in vancouver)
                  our first vacation together: 30.07.13 - 20.08.13 (cynthia in new orleans)
                  third meeting: 14.12.13 - 03.01.14 (cynthia in new orleans)
                  fourth meeting: 21.05.14-02.06.14 (jason in vancouver)
                  surprise! 13.08.14-27.08.14 (cynthia surprises jason in new orleans)
                  viva las vegas: 21.12.14 - 24.12.14 (c+j vacation together in vegas!)
                  jason's 1st canadian christmas: 24.12.14-02.01.15
                  my first mardi gras: 12.02.15-20.02.15

Comment

First compare your finger size relatively to his, then find a cheap ring of yours that relatively fits you loose, wear and it and tell him "my ring is fitting me loosely! My fingers must lost weight!" in a joking way, then take it off and tell try it on him and depending on if it fits him loosely too or perfectly say something accordingly like "See, even fits you loose! / Huh!? Fits you perfectly but not me? " And you'll have his ring size

Comment

Working...
                    X