Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st aniversery gifts

Hi,

our first aniversary is coming up soon, and I wonder how to arrange for him. There are the ideas I have so far:
    - Finding a romantic restaurant where we can be by ourselves (ask one of his friend, or use my Turkish skills at Google)
    - Buying a neckless of the same brand as my first gift to him (a Norwegian brand)
    - Make some DIY stuff for him - a photo album, a count down calender or an explosion box

Is there anything else that would be nice to buy, do or think of? I have had 1st aniversiries before, but I can't really remember what I did way back then. He is pretty occupied about the day, so I want to make it special for him .
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

I made for my SO a booklet with our story during our 6 months. From the first day we met, to the last visit we had. I wrote thoughts, included screens of our conversations, added pictures of us and pictures from internet (like distance quotes for ex.). All in chronologic order obv

He liked it very much and Im happy to share this idea

Comment

if you do something like a photo album/story book I think it's nice to find a system that allows you to add lots of things later on for an anniversary. So it says "Look how many page we still can write" and is a look into the future aswell as in the past

Comment

Originally posted by ronjaandbirk View Post
        if you do something like a photo album/story book I think it's nice to find a system that allows you to add lots of things later on for an anniversary. So it says "Look how many page we still can write" and is a look into the future aswell as in the past
        Aww, I didnt think about this. I will do it for sure for the next booklet!

Comment

Originally posted by ronjaandbirk View Post
          We are currently doing a book a little like that, I bought it pre-done on Amazon (I think it is called The book of us, or something like that). It is really the most assuming book we started. He likes it because it is a little like a game (What is your favourite things about each other? How are you as a team? Who would play you in the story of your romance? Post a picture of your first flat together etc, plus lots of space for pictures, drawings, plane tickets etc.) There are things there I know we can't even write yet but I guess we will get there. I have met his family and all, so I don't think it is TOO assuming
          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by Cristiana View Post
            I made for my SO a booklet with our story during our 6 months. From the first day we met, to the last visit we had. I wrote thoughts, included screens of our conversations, added pictures of us and pictures from internet (like distance quotes for ex.). All in chronologic order obv

He liked it very much and Im happy to share this idea
            Aaah, it upsets me that I have been ill because this is SUCH a good idea and also it will take time to do it... I haven't saved any of our online conversations, but I have pics/saved some of the stuff I made him, my journals, and the rest of the plane ticket stubs (I used the rest in other books). Perhaps I can make it simple, but still be like: 1st month, 2nd month and so on? I will think on this a bit...

Comment

Congratulations on your up and coming year anniversary!

I see from your signature that you have a trip planned very shortly, you could always bake him something delicious in the next few days. The way to a man's heart is through his stomach after all

Comment

Originally posted by GuineaPunk View Post
                Congratulations on your up and coming year anniversary!

I see from your signature that you have a trip planned very shortly, you could always bake him something delicious in the next few days. The way to a man's heart is through his stomach after all
                Thank you You are very right, I could bake him something! That would not be part of the celebration though (due to stuff at his work we decided to celebrate 4-5 days after my arrival), but it could be fun to give as a littled pre-taste, or perhaps I could also bake something that will last, like macerons or nutbased cakes. I am bringing cloudberries and cream anyway, they go well with nutcakes (and I will bring raindeer meat, he likes that). OR I could make a very traditonal Norwegian cake made from almonds, that is you make rings from almonds and extra refined sugar and each cakering is a little smaller than the last so you build a tower with them. Hm...so many ideas now, thanks!
                Last edited by differentcountries; September 17, 2014, 04:58 PM.

Comment

For our first anniversary I made him (us) a photobook of all our visits etc so far.
                  It had the dates and number of the visit. I also added how it all began before the first visit.
                  And at the end I had a 100 reasons why I love you.
                  I suggested that the other one gets to keep the book for a year and then we change.
                  Which reminds me I should ask him to bring it with him on our trip!
                  After our next visit I can make the second one and should get it ready by Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by Ahava View Post
                    For our first anniversary I made him (us) a photobook of all our visits etc so far.
                    It had the dates and number of the visit. I also added how it all began before the first visit.
                    And at the end I had a 100 reasons why I love you.
                    I suggested that the other one gets to keep the book for a year and then we change.
                    Which reminds me I should ask him to bring it with him on our trip!
                    After our next visit I can make the second one and should get it ready by Christmas.
                    That sound like a good idea! Maybe I can make it so that I list the months, and then the dates for visits come in between that. I was thinking about writing something about how I missed him for Christmas and New year, and that I was happy with the 2 birhday celebrations we had, and Valentine. We sort of live together so the book will be with him at our flat, my husband will visit too so he can see it there. I had to think long and hard about 52 reasons I love himas it was an early visit, but I guess the 100 reasons can be more accurate now that I know him better!

Comment

One thing I would love to make at some point is a calendar to go on the wall with a picture for each month.
                      We need more photoes of us together!

Comment

A calender is very nice, I did one for 2014 with pics from 2013, perhaps I could make him a similar for 2015 with pics from this year I booked one online, it was a bit pricy but came out very nice. Thanks for the reminder

Comment

I remembered that there is one restaurant that I like it is not so cheap as many other restaurants here, which makes people we know less prone to pop by. Plus the food is good and it is also quite nice there. So unless he has a better plan, this is where we will go.

I bought him a long -chained neckless (the other one I got him was rather short), the motive is the head of an ax with some really nice Norwegian snake motives on it. I like it because it is kind of masculine but also very decorative (like him, obviously). And I think it is something he could use in daily life.

My other gift is a book of our year together. It was like a half premade travelling journal that I put scrapbooking stuff in to make more romantic and personal. I bought it half premade to save time but it still takes a lot of time to finish! I have used the months as headlines, and used a special stamp that I have to make out the dates for visits. I am halfway through writing our story, month by month, and then I will put some pictures of us in it. My idea is that I will make a proper photo album later, so this is more like what happened and my /our reactions to stuff. He liked my other books so I am hopeful he will enjoy it...
                          Last edited by differentcountries; September 20, 2014, 04:03 PM.

Comment

An update: We ended up going to a new restaurant, it was in an area we have been before but somehow it was pretty secluded. Also since season is slowing down there now, we were the only guests. We ate sea food; shrimps, white fish and calimari, quite good. The waiter talked to me in Turkish and I replied the same... I felt very much at ease.

The book I gave him is the biggest one I have ever made for him! He was really stunned that I had made it. It was really nice to see how happy he was. My other gifts for him was the neckless, a framed picture (the one I use as my profile picture) and a card I wrote him. The card picture motif was "Madonna" by Norwegian painter Edvard Much. I wanted to give him things that mattered to me and I got a sense that they mattered to him, too.Before I left, I also gave him a tiny count down calender I made from a Love greeting card with love/long distance quotes on it and boxes he can tick out for each day.

Comment

Working...
                            X