Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A digital gift?

Hey forum friends!

I'm wanting to sent my so a gift, but there's a catch. It can't be a physical gift. We're both saving for Christmas together and airfares and presents aren't going to be cheap. Plus we're sending each other an actual gift in the mail in just over 2 weeks for our anniversary. Seeing I'll be spending a lot on the physical gift (and postage) I don't really have the extra cash to send or get him something else. We've both been so busy lately that we've missed our usual set times to chat. We're both a bit down as at the moment when one of us is free to talk, the other isn't (don't you hate that!). Anyways I wanted to try do something other than a usual text message. Any ideas on something I can do maybe digitally? Lots of things I've googled are suggesting texts or Skype. Which with our conflicting times won't work at the moment. Hoping there might be some ideas out there that I haven't thought of.

Thanks for reading

A youtube video. I took one of myself showering and set it to private with only him allowed to view it. He LOVED it.

Comment

Originally posted by lilspitfire View Post
      A youtube video. I took one of myself showering and set it to private with only him allowed to view it. He LOVED it.
      I'm not that bold! But I could make a video for him. Thanks.

Comment

For our anniversary this year I picked a song (Marvin Gaye - For once in my life), matched up pictures of us and put the text at the bottom. It took me about a day total and I did it with Windows Movie Maker. It made him smile and he still watches it from time to time!

One time my man collected youtube links that showed me his home city, a couple activities that he loves to do (like the Manchester Road race) and a couple videos of his state. He sent me the links with a little description to it and I loved it!

You can always record yourself on Skype and leave a video message, so the next time when he logs on he would get it. I haven't done that yet, but I am planning on doing this. I already picked a song that I am going to lip-sync to.

I also like to look for funny pictures that remind me of him and I sent them to him when his computer is off and he gets the message the next day when he comes online.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
        First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
        Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
        Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
        Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
        Married: 1/24/2015
        Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Redheart14 View Post
          I'm not that bold! But I could make a video for him. Thanks.
          You can do that on Skype, he will see it next time he logs on. I did that for SO last year.
          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
          - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Sorry I should have specified. Non sexual digital gift.

Comment

What about e-cards?
              JustWink has a great little app with tons of funny and sweet cards. My SO and I send them often. They fun to receive and they make cute surprises. You can add pictures to them and sign them.

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
              Married April 18th, 2015!!
              Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mims27 View Post
                What about e-cards?
                JustWink has a great little app with tons of funny and sweet cards. My SO and I send them often. They fun to receive and they make cute surprises. You can add pictures to them and sign them.
                Awesome!! Thanks heaps. I'll look into it!

Comment

Originally posted by Redheart14 View Post
                  Sorry I should have specified. Non sexual digital gift.
                  I think only mine was sexual intoned. They just meant a regular video.

Comment

Doesn't matter, there are some great ideas here that I can use. Thanks heaps to all you suggested.

Comment

Working...
                    X