Help??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help??

My boyfriend of only a week wants to send me a gift through the mail for our one month anniversary...I'm kinda scared to just suddenly give out my address. Erg, idk what to do...

Edit: Btw this is my first time that this has happened...
    Last edited by WinterWolf; September 22, 2014, 11:16 PM.

I feel like if you are dating the guy you should trust him enough to give him your address. I know there are stories out there but really I think you're fine to give him your address. I've given my address to tons of people to do mutual trades of things, no one has ever shown up at my house from it.

Comment

I do wanna trust the guy, it's nice for him to want to send me something for our first month being together.

Comment

If you are not sure, maybe you can give the adress for work.
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I don't see how its any different to inviting someone you've just met over to your house

Comment

If you're that worried get it sent to your work or someone who has a post box. It's up to you, you ultimately have to be comfortable with it. It's nice he's wanting to send something though especially after a month.

Comment

I think that's a great idea,I would say if you really trust him enough to give him your address then go for it.

Comment

I see snow_girls point, but I personally would feel a little uncomfortable with it as well. She's right, it's not different than inviting someone you've just met over to your house, but people tend to feel more comfortable with that because they can physically see the person. I know it's silly but yea.

Either way, my initial question was going to be how long have you know him for?

Comment

Originally posted by Yaaamiii View Post

Either way, my initial question was going to be how long have you know him for?

See, *sigh* I think him and I both rushed into this relationship, saying "I love you" within a few days (I know that's not good) I've only known him 2 weeks and he asked me to be his girlfriend a week after. I agreed, but he's the best thing that happened to me. He's the nicest guy... And I couldn't pass that up. He makes me very happy. That's another problem I'm having with...

Comment

Originally posted by WinterWolf View Post
                    See, *sigh* I think him and I both rushed into this relationship, saying "I love you" within a few days (I know that's not good) I've only known him 2 weeks and he asked me to be his girlfriend a week after. I agreed, but he's the best thing that happened to me. He's the nicest guy... And I couldn't pass that up. He makes me very happy. That's another problem I'm having with...
                    I understand all that and I see where you're coming from. But if I had only known my SO for 2-3 weeks then I personally wouldn't give out my address just like that. That's my own preference though, do whatever makes you feel comfortable I think. If you guys stick together you'll eventually give each other your addresses, yes, but I personally wouldn't after only knowing that person for such little time.

To each their own, though .

Comment

I agree with Yaaamiii.
                      Me and my SO met online and didnt exchange adresses for about two months.
                      By the time we did I was so sure he was who he said he was. You have to be careful with stuff like this online you know...
                      It's very sweet of him though... Do what feels best!

Comment

I like DC's idea of the work address.
                        "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
                        Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Not worth fretting about this anymore, He broke up with me saying that he found someone's else

Comment

You could always rent a P.O. Box for a few months. Idk where you are but where I am you can rent a box for 3 months for a pretty low price and then hand over the keys after those 3 months are over. Works like a charm.

Edit: oh dear. Seems my advice is no irrelevant. I'm sorry. <3

Comment

Working...
                            X