Family Christmas presents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Family Christmas presents

Hey everyone. I thought I'd post this here and see what people thought.
    I'm wondering what to do for my SO's family at Christmas. I'm going to be tight on money having paid ridiculous flight prices and buying gifts for my family.
    His family are all coupled up so I thought I could get them a gift for each couple. But what? I've never had to buy couples gifts before. I want it to be nice but not look cheap either. I'm still yet to get my SO something . Christmas flights and spending money while I'm there so he doesn't have to pay for anything, has seriously eaten into my budget. May if anyone here has received a nice couple gift from their SO's family it'd help give me an idea. Thanks.

You could buy for instance; chocolates in a nice box, Christmas decorations, foodstuff from your town (like a local meat product, jam etc.), guest towels with Christmas decorations on them, some nice mugs (some of the cheap ones look really nice, just make sure the handles look good), tea, coffee, baked goods (bought or something you made yourself), flowers, two sets of nice looking scarfs or mittens, table cloth or smaller piece to put on the table, small kitchen items like a sugar bowl, a potted plant with a pot, caramells, a DVD, a picture or poster. You can ask SO if there is some small things that they need and if so give them that.
    Last edited by differentcountries; November 4, 2014, 09:31 PM.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Christmas ornaments, wind chimes, a frame, pottery knick knacks, a fleece blanket.

That's what I can think of for now.

Comment

Thanks for those suggestions

Comment

I've been put on baking duty for the holidays, so everyone is getting some sort of cookie or chocolate-based good. For me, something like that is probably the easiest option, because it's a neutral gift you can make in bulk for relatively cheap, and most people enjoy homemade holiday treats. To combine it with some of the previous suggestions, you can make like...peppermint bark, wrap it in a clear bag with some festive ribbons, and then put it in a cute little mug. It'd be cheap, but it'd still look nice, and the homemade confections give it a touch of thoughtfulness.

Comment

I suck at giving gifts so I can't help much lol... Maybe some scented candles, towel set, multi-access usb wall port.
            Met Online : July 2013
            Met in person : April - May 2014 (3 wks)
            2nd visit : June - August 2014 (2 months)
            3rd visit : December - Jan (2wks)
            Proposal : December 2014
            Closed distance : February 2015
            Married : April 5, 2015

Comment

Chocolate covered pretzels! Everyone likes that, and it will travel well, in decorative boxes!
              sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

Originally posted by TaraMarie View Post
                Chocolate covered pretzels! Everyone likes that, and it will travel well, in decorative boxes!
                I've not seen them here in Australia.

Comment

Make them. They are super simple, and you can add whatever you like to them (mini m&m, coconut, sprinkles). I made this last year....so easy it's stupid, and yummy! I put it in decorative tins! https://www.mommyskitchen.net/2010/1...christmas.html
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TaraMarie View Post
                    Make them. They are super simple, and you can add whatever you like to them (mini m&m, coconut, sprinkles). I made this last year....so easy it's stupid, and yummy! I put it in decorative tins! https://www.mommyskitchen.net/2010/1...christmas.html
                    That was for Cracker Jack or something. But I'll google the chocolate covered pretzel thing. Different idea as we don't do them here in Australia. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Redheart14 View Post
                      That was for Cracker Jack or something. But I'll google the chocolate covered pretzel thing. Different idea as we don't do them here in Australia. Thanks
                      Correct...I was showing you something I made last year as gifts. It's called Christmas crack, super simple and so creaking good! Much easier than choc covered pretzels. Basically, it's toffee covered saltine crackers. Can't wait to make some more this year!
                      sigpic

Comment

It's funny how cultures vary. I'd never heard of Cracker Jack before. Sounds interesting though. I Know his family like pretzels so that's my safe bet I think. Thanks for the tips.

Comment

I like to bring something that I know they haven't tried yet. Like Milka Oreo chocolate or any crazy Milka chocolate. This year I am bringing a couple of small chocolates with the Krampus and Nikolo on it, because we have been talking about them before and they have never seen them.

I think a Christmas ornament is always a good idea, because they will think of you at least once a year when they put it up.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                          First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                          Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                          Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                          Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                          Married: 1/24/2015
                          Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Thanks snow
                            Forgot about the ornament, nice idea.

Comment

Working...
                            X