The Chest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Chest

I am in an interesting situation when it come to my ability to give gifts to my SO, I learned the hard way that I can never send anything to her in the mail. Because of her family it just does not work. It really sucks because I want to be able to do something for her that is meaningful and that she will appreciate. I could write her a love letter but I basically do that everyday anyways so it took me a while to figure out what I could do that I don't already do on a daily basis.

What I decided to do was to make her something, I can't send it to her so it needs some kind of significance without being physically in her presence. This is my idea, The Chest:

I am going to build a small wooden box, a chest. I am not sure how big yet but small enough to be moved easily so possibly 8"x12"x6". It will be pine boards, sanded and then stained. I am going to put old fashioned hardware on it and a lock with a key. I will wood burn the following message on the the outside of the lid "Though hundreds of miles separate us..." and on the inside of the lid "...My heart will ALWAYS be near to yours!". I can not send it to her so what I am going to do is take every letter, every poem I write, all of the pictures I draw, and I will place them in that box. I will keep this chest and safeguard it. She will know about this box and its purpose and on the day that we are finally able to meet in person I will present her with the box.

I will began making this chest soon and I will post pictures for everyone when I do.

Aww that's such a cute idea! I'm sure your SO will love it. Very creative and sweet

Comment

AWWWE that's such a sweet idea!!
      One thing though, if you present it to her when y'all meet, I hope you don't expect her to fly home with it? It'd prob weigh quite a bit and might not even fit in her luggage just because of the way it's shaped?
      [CENTER]

first met: ~10.03
      became official: 28.03.11
      first meeting: 08.06.12 - 24.06.12 (jason in vancouver)
      second meeting: 18.07.13 - 30.07.13 (jason in vancouver)
      our first vacation together: 30.07.13 - 20.08.13 (cynthia in new orleans)
      third meeting: 14.12.13 - 03.01.14 (cynthia in new orleans)
      fourth meeting: 21.05.14-02.06.14 (jason in vancouver)
      surprise! 13.08.14-27.08.14 (cynthia surprises jason in new orleans)
      viva las vegas: 21.12.14 - 24.12.14 (c+j vacation together in vegas!)
      jason's 1st canadian christmas: 24.12.14-02.01.15
      my first mardi gras: 12.02.15-20.02.15

Comment

It would probably have to be mailed and if not I'll just hold onto it still.

Comment

Working...
        X