Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christmas Present Idea: Advent Calendar!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas Present Idea: Advent Calendar!

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't posted this sooner, but I just gave my SO his Christmas presents today and it suddenly occurred to me that it might help out some of you guys! Basically, I was having a major headache over what to get him this Christmas, since I felt like I had pretty much exhausted all my ideas and he has everything he wants/needs at this point! He always gets me a chocolate advent calendar, and I wanted to do the same ... but he's trying to be healthier and lose some weight right now, so I figured I'd make him one! ^_^

I bought 25 little gifts (a bigger one for Christmas day) and wrapped them up / packed them in an envelope and labelled them with a number, so he can open one gift per day until Christmas ... so his present is spread out over the duration of Advent!
    Here's some pics:

The majority of gifts aren't that big or expensive, just little meaningful or sentimental things to show that I care. Quite a few of them are handmade (so don't cost much!). Others are little things that I've remembered from past conversations with him (e.g. things that I remember him mentioning he liked, things he enjoyed from childhood). It's touching to know that your SO listens and remembers. ^_^ Even though it isn't one big gift, the little things add up and make a thoughtful gift for a guy who has practically everything! So if you're really stuck for ideas, I hope this helps!

Also, if you can't meet your SO over Christmas, or you're running low on money, this could be a good idea for you. Even though it's a little late and Advent begins tomorrow (sorry again!), you could send them virtual gifts - I did this last year! I would upload / send him a picture I photoshopped, a song I recorded, a story I wrote ... just something to let them know you're thinking of them. Christmas is a time for spreading the love after all!

Take care this Winter and Happy Holidays everyone! x

PS - if anyone wants more information about what I included, feel free to let me know!

what a lovely idea!!

Comment

Working...
    X