Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valentine's Day comming up

Yes, it's that time again.
    Roughly 1 month untill it's Valentine's Day.

My very first meething with my SO will be some days earlier (from 4 tot 7 feb).
    But I'd love to send her flowers and a small card with Valentine's Day.

Does anyone knows a website where flowers will be delivered on a specific date I want (14 feb for example)?

Thanks in advance and best whishes

I know it the US, most flower shops will deliver on a specific day. February 14th is a huge one, so you'll want to get your order in early.

I'd suggest going online and checking for flower shops in her area. You should be able to check their websites for pricing, delivery, etc. Just be aware, on Valentine's Day the prices for everything usually doubles.
    To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

It's in Ireland. Do the prices also double if I order already now?

Comment

If you want them delivered on Valentine's Day, yes, the prices will be increased, no matter when you place the order.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
        Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
        Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Personally, I've told my SO to never send me flowers on Valentines Day. For me, I'd rather him get me flowers in July because he wants to over Valentines Day when it's almost dictated that he's supposed to. If he wants to do something for Valentines Day, I'd rather him do something from the heart that I can keep forever like a love letter.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

I'm just gonna make a cute card....nothing fancy. Btw, does anyone know a website or anything that would know how many stamps it would take me to get said letter to Canada from US? ...
            Thanks =)
            "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

usually its a 1$ stamp from canada to US. if you could go to the nearest post office, they will put the stamp for you and pay them 1$

Comment

I hope to be with my SO in America finally closed the distance by valentines day and February 17th will be our one year anniversary of been together, so February is important to us in that way.

Comment

Ah yes! Thanks for the reminder Need to start thinking of a gift for him. He's spent so much money on me during Christmas that I really hope he doesn't go over the top for Valentine's Day, especially since my birthday is a week later.

I think I want to get him a Love Knows No Distance item and something like a customized key ring with a picture of us. Oh I was going through the gift ideas on this site and I love the message in a bottle idea or our LDR book
                  Last edited by Petals; January 9, 2015, 12:16 AM.
                  Met Online : July 2013
                  Met in person : April - May 2014 (3 wks)
                  2nd visit : June - August 2014 (2 months)
                  3rd visit : December - Jan (2wks)
                  Proposal : December 2014
                  Closed distance : February 2015
                  Married : April 5, 2015

Comment

Last year our Valentines Day present to each other was spending the weekend together (and it was our first in person meeting). Same gift this year - I'm driving to him but we get an entire week this time. An since we didn't get to see each other for Christmas, we're doing Christmas then too lol

Comment

Instead of celebrating a commercialized day for companies to cash in on that shit, why not celebrate on one of the days you are together before the 14th. Have a nice romantic day together, saves you the hassle of sending over priced flowers and its more special.

Comment

Originally posted by R&R View Post
                        Last year our Valentines Day present to each other was spending the weekend together (and it was our first in person meeting). Same gift this year - I'm driving to him but we get an entire week this time. An since we didn't get to see each other for Christmas, we're doing Christmas then too lol
                        Awww...cute! I would love that Valentine's Day gift too
                        Met Online : July 2013
                        Met in person : April - May 2014 (3 wks)
                        2nd visit : June - August 2014 (2 months)
                        3rd visit : December - Jan (2wks)
                        Proposal : December 2014
                        Closed distance : February 2015
                        Married : April 5, 2015

Comment

I HAVE 98 DOLLARS YES! (It's impressive I'm unemployed! ><)
                          But I dunno what to get her and I don't wanna spend all of that (Again, unemployed)
                          So I gotta look around a ton.
                          Last year I gave her a Minecraft Diamond necklace and she wore it till the chain broke :C (Like a few weeks ago)
                          Met: Apr 2013
                          Mutual interest: July 2013
                          Relationship Began: November 6 2013
                          First Visit (Her to Me): July 4 2014
                          Second Visit (Me to Her): Jan/Feb 2015 Postponed due to sister having baby
                          Second Visit! (Her to Me again): June 16 2015 - July 4 2015
                          Engaged: June 29 2015 <3
                          Third Visit: (Her to me, working on it) January 19 2016 - February 2 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Dwessie View Post
                            I HAVE 98 DOLLARS YES! (It's impressive I'm unemployed! ><)
                            But I dunno what to get her and I don't wanna spend all of that (Again, unemployed)
                            So I gotta look around a ton.
                            Last year I gave her a Minecraft Diamond necklace and she wore it till the chain broke :C (Like a few weeks ago)
                            You can find some cute/cheap nerd crafts/frames/keychains/cards/jewelry on etsy

Comment

For Valentines Day, I'm planning on sending him some heart-shaped sugar cookies (that I've made myself) and a card at least, but probably some other small stuff if it fits in the box. We both appreciate the personal stuff more. He's told me before that I don't have to get him anything, that Valentines Day is for the girl to be treated, but I've always got him something anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X