Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK - USA couples.....

Hello everyone,

Sorry for the random title and I didn't know where to put this post! I just wanted to ask has anyone from the UK posted anything to their SO in the US recently? I sent the gf some cards and an anniversary present and none have arrived yet and its getting on 3/4 weeks, she has sent me stuff but I've got them all in less that a week.

Just wondered if the USPS has backlogs or something? I just hope it hasn't all gone missing!!!!!

Thanks x
    First met - June 2014
    Became official - 14 October 2014
    First meeting March 2015-S came to the UK
    I visited Arizona - June 2015
    I visited Arizona- November 2015
    2nd December 2015 - Got Engaged
    December 2015 - S came to England for Christmas with me
    May 2016- Closed the Distance!!!

I sent a parcel in 18th December, it got there 5th January ish....

Sounds like it may have gone astray. I'm taking it you didn't send it tracked?

Comment

yeah sometimes even small letters I have sent to my SO has been delayed, sometimes there is a delay because of christmas and new years, hopefully your things didn't get lost in the mail. I recommend tracking parcels by international signed and tracked mail, as I even once sent some paperwork to Greece for something and it got lost in the mail, so the second time I did "International tracked and signed" it costs about £6 but it is worth it as you can track it on the royal mail website the complete journey.

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys, it turns out there are delays with Royal Mail due to Christmas and new year I have to wait until mid February before it becomes declared as 'lost' I've sent cards before and small parcels no problem, I'm hoping they will arrive sometime soon but in future for any parcels I'll send tracked.
        First met - June 2014

Comment

That sucks. Royal Mail are absolutely useless around Christmas. Making you wait two months before declaring it lost is madness though! Tracked is a lot more expensive unfortunately. I try not to use amazon too much for stuff at home but for presents they're pretty great as you can use Amazon US and sidestep all the postal issues.

Comment

Well 2 cards and the small gift arrived at my gfs house today, she's in love with them all
            I'm so glad they arrived safely just took way longer than expected to arrive, approx 3/4 weeks waiting time whereas stuff usually only takes a week at most but do understand Its been Christmas and new year.
            First met - June 2014

Comment

Working...
            X