Mailable Slice of Cake!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mailable Slice of Cake!

I couldn't be there for my SO's birthday this year, so I was excited to try this which I sent with his Christmas parcel seeing as his birthday is so close to Christmas. So, because mine wasn't actually sent through the post as a postcard, I allowed myself to make my slice a little fatter and more cake-slice-size-like. xD Anyway, turned out fantastic, and my SO loved it and certainly put a smile on his face! Needless to say I went ahead and got a bit more creative than the standard sponge and cream cake, specifically, it's a traditional Swedish Princess Cake. Just had to share the idea for those who can't be with their SO's on their birthday. The tutorial can be found here and cost me about $10 to make to buy the sponge and the caulk, with left over to make more. Got white caulk and mixed acrylic paint I already had to colour it. Thought the jam looked really effective too after much trial and error, settled with red cellophane glued to a strip of hot glue! Piccies:

Anyone else made one before, or think they will now?

"My arms will be your prison" - My Boyfriend [♥] Our LDR Blog!

Started Talking - October 2012
    Started Dating - 08.11.12
    First Meeting - 08.12.13 - 39 days together
    Second Meeting - 16.12.15 - 31 days together

Rosetta Stone Progress
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    22 / 60

Such a cool idea

Comment

It looks really great
      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

That's adorable (but now I want cake!)

Comment

Lol for a minute I was REALLY confused and thought it was real cake and WOW that is incredible!! I'm not nearly creative/artistic enough to do something like that but I really wish I could! Definitely super cool

Comment

...Mind. Officially. Blown.

Comment

id be lying if i said i didnt think that was a real cake at first! thats awesome. im not sure its going to come out looking quite like that, but i could give it a shot!

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah96 View Post
                Lol for a minute I was REALLY confused and thought it was real cake and WOW that is incredible!! I'm not nearly creative/artistic enough to do something like that but I really wish I could! Definitely super cool

Lol I thought the same! hahaha...
                Met Online : July 2013
                Met in person : April - May 2014 (3 wks)
                2nd visit : June - August 2014 (2 months)
                3rd visit : December - Jan (2wks)
                Proposal : December 2014
                Closed distance : February 2015
                Married : April 5, 2015

Comment

That is awesome! What a great idea!
                  To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

I'm going to make one for my SO's birthday. I saw in the link that you can buy them.....if mine turns out dodgy I'll just buy one.

Comment

I seriously thought it was a real slice of cake until I kept reading your post. Lol. Now, I want cake.

Comment

Hey ! ~
                        I know it's a bit late but ... got a question, if someone come here and see this message as well x)
                        Was the cake send as a letter or in a package ? 'cause I really fell in love with this idea when I saw it
                        and would like to make one for my boyfriend ♥ :3

Comment

This is really cute and artsy! Definitely want to try.

Comment

Working...
                          X