Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Since I'm pretty broke and V-Day is coming up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since I'm pretty broke and V-Day is coming up...

I've decided to do some crafty/homemade things for Valentine's Day. A bunch of "Open When..." letters in a keepsake box I'm going to decorate, which...I need to get cracking on. I've also been thinking about putting together a bunch of songs in a playlist that I'm going to cover. He admitted that I'm 1 of 2 people (ugh, the second being that "best" friend I don't like) he actually likes to hear sing that he knows personally, which is surprising to me since I never really sing (too much anxiety/stage fright/not enough confidence in myself) in front of people. I've only sent him maybe 3 covers since we've been dating. Meh. The playlist I've picked out has a lot of songs, but ones that I know very well and that I'm comfortable singing (for the most part). I'm hoping my voice will be better in the next week or so, so I can start recording. I've been sick the past 2 1/2 weeks...yay, and I'm finally better. So, we'll see how this goes. I don't sing nearly as often as I used to, so my voice isn't even as good as it used to be. Yay.

Thoughts? I think these are pretty good inexpensive ideas for me to do. Though, some of the Open When letters will have money/gift cards in them, but it's still cheaper than me actually going out and buying him things.

Playlist:

"Look At Me" - Carrie Underwood
    "All of You" - Colbie Caillat
    "I Do" - Colbie Caillat
    "What Means The Most" - Colbie Caillat
    "Magic" - Colbie Caillat
    "Blank Spaces // Style Mash-Up" - Louisa Wendorff (she did a mash-up cover with Devin Dawson of these Taylor Swift songs on YouTube, and surprisingly my SO was the one who showed it to me and we both love it. More surprising is he's a Metalcore/Indie/Punk/Metal/Rock/Alternative guy. Lol. I actually already did a cover of this and sent it to him and he liked it, but I'm going to re-record it.)
    "The Only Exception" - Paramore
    "Still Into You" - Paramore (he really likes this song, and I hope I can pull it off)
    "Gravity" - Sara Bareilles (yes, I know it's a break up song, but I interpret it as a love song)
    "I Choose You" - Sara Bareilles

I don't know if I should do any more songs, and if so, what I should do. Any suggestions?

I was also of thinking of making him French Macarons, since he loves when I make them. But, I'm thinking of making them heart-shaped, just need to pick a recipe. Lol.
    Last edited by whatruckus; January 25, 2015, 12:50 AM.

That all sounds great! I'm sure he'll love it.

Comment

Lots of good ideas
      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I love doing crafty things. Lol.

Comment

I think it's a wonderful gift!
          To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Ooo I wanna do that too. The covering songs I mean. I need to start working on it lol. I hope he'll like my voice :3

Comment

I can't carry a tune in a paper bag. It's a gift for me NOT to make one!

Actually, I'm a little jealous of those that can sing. I've always wanted to and think it's great for people who can.
              To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Originally posted by R&R View Post
                I can't carry a tune in a paper bag. It's a gift for me NOT to make one!

Actually, I'm a little jealous of those that can sing. I've always wanted to and think it's great for people who can.
                I agree with you! I like singing, but am crap at it.

As for V-day, I don't think we will bother.
                I did tell him I wanted a card though

I might go as far as a card and a chocolate heart or something like that, we aren't that big on Valentine's Day.

In Finland it's been more of a "Friedship Day" although the romantic side of it has been making a breakthrough in the last years.

Comment

I've gone the eBay route - for example, it'd cost me 10x the price of the teddy bear I want to give him to send it from here (aus) to the UK. But, I found the same teddy on eBay, posting from the next city over from him. Faster delivery, cheaper! Only risk is they see the invoice on the packaging, but still worth it to me,

Comment

I think that all sounds lovely. I'm sure he will love it!

I like to shop around for recipes/cooking ideas here (click me) because they are all so pretty lol. There are a couple of different pink macaron ideas there.

Comment

For Valentine I will buy some chocolate for sure, they both like that (but different flavours), and make chocolate cake too, because there can never be too much chocolate! And give them some cards, maybe make them myself. I want to make one or two explotion boxes, it can be for Valentine if I get the time.
                      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I've pretty much had to scrap like everything I was planning. Lol. I literally have no money, stuff's been going on with us, and I've gotten really sick twice within the past 4 weeks. I'm still sick right now. Ugh. All I've got for him is this cute camo beanie baby, and a nose hair trimmer for him. Lmao. Oh well. I haven't had the energy to do the Open When letters. These past times I've been sick, I've just slept for like over 12 hours, and then dozed off throughout the day. I missed the entire week of work this week, and I was counting on that money for stuff. Ugh.

Oh well. I already told him I haven't had the time, money, or energy and he said he doesn't care. He'd prefer I didn't do anything for him anyways and he told me he I wasn't getting much either because he's been struggling with money too. No big deal. Hopefully, I can do these things for his birthday in 2 months. Since, I don't think I'm going to be able to save up enough for what I really wanted to do: get him a 3-game package for the Phillies (his favorite baseball team). That'd be about $350, if I pulled that off. Bleh.

Timing is such a wonderful thing.

Comment

I'm sure he'll love whatever you do for him

Comment

This all sounds great! We did something like this last year since I had to save up for a surgery, and it's still something we talk about to this day!

Update: I didn't see the elusive second page! Oops! But again, I'm sure he'll love whatever you do for him. He loves you, after all!

Comment

Working...
                            X