Creepy or thoughtful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creepy or thoughtful

Hi, Im new to this forum and this is my first post on here.
    SO and I will been together for one year now in february and I want to make a valentine and our anniversary gift combined.
    We still haven't been together since there is about 14,000km journey between us and we plan at least two meetings this year

Im not the best with the presents to be honest, but my idea was making a life cast of my face with plaster.
    To me, this would be a wonderful gift, to be able to see your partner face and details that you can't with skype or even a good photo
    but my thoughts are also if this would be creepy, to have a cold white face made out of stone of your partner, I would really like opinions on this

Best regards

I think it's kind of creepy, but that's just me personally. who knows, your SO better than you?
    "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

The only difference between creepy and thoughtful is how much the recipient likes you.

Comment

Creepy because usually these things are made to remember dead people...
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
          Creepy because usually these things are made to remember dead people...
          Okay, NOW it's creepy to me. I think if I made one of these and gave it to my SO, he'd be like, "what the hell is this?" But, OP, it's really up to you. If you think your SO would like it, go for it. Like Unconditional said, you are the one who knows your SO better than any of us.

If my SO did this, I'd probably think it was a little weird at first, but then I'd think it's sweet that he took the time to do it and appreciate the effort that went into it.

Comment

If I received that from my SO I would be weirded out.
            She and I did do wax hands when we went to RenFaire one year, but that was TOGETHER and not a face. Yeah just thinking about it gives me the willys. lol

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
            Married April 18th, 2015!!
            Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

If you know your SO would be interested in a gift like this, go for it. Aside from the creepy v. thoughtful factor; I'm one who hates large gifts because I have no place to put it. Find out how your SO feels about clutter as well. For me, it doesn't matter if a friend says they gave a gift "from the heart", if it's large in size, I'll be irritated because that person should know me well enough to know I don't have space for such a gift and will not keep it.

**Edit: By "large" I also mean nick-knacks in general, unless they are very small.
              Last edited by conejita_hada; January 26, 2015, 04:07 PM.
              When two hearts are meant for each other, no distance is too far,
              no time is too long, and no other love can break them apart.

Comment

I guess it would depend on if your SO is in to that sort of thing. I'm actually neutral - I like the idea but I can see why it might be perceived as creepy. But I commend your creative talents if it looks good xD. Maybe you should shoot us a picture when it's done.
                "The Only Heaven I'll Be Sent To,
                Is when I'm Alone With You."

Met: Sometime in 2016
                Started Relationship: August 9, 2017
                First Visit: December 7, 2017
                Closed the distance: February 9, 2018

Comment

Hmm, I would ask what your intended reaction is. If my SO gave that to me, I would laugh, but not necessarily in a bad way. Also, how much is it? If it's expensive and you're not sure how she would react, I wouldn't do it.

As much as I love my SO and miss seeing his face, I wouldn't know where to put something like that.

Comment

Thank you all for your opinions
                    Well I think I will leave this haha, I guess it would be too disturbing.
                    The thing is that she loves art, poetry and those kinda things, and of course this would fall under as being art. This would just be a plaster that shows the nose, lips and part of the cheeks and forehead, Im not going to send a full head, of course that would be crazy and really expensive. I was thinking about sending something that is ME so in the way it would bring me somehow closer to her, not just send a t-shirt that I have owned with my perfume on it.

I always send her letters/poetry that are also drawings, and send drawings and paintings and many more DIY gifts and shortfilms that I have made, I just wanted to make something unique from those.
                    We have known each other for more than 2 years now, and we love and care or each other very much, but Im just not convinced with this idea, I think it is nice, but I can very well understand why to someone else it would be weird haha

Comment

Working...
                    X