Valentine's Day and New Apartment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valentine's Day and New Apartment

A little over a month ago I posted about the boyfriend possibly getting a job in Nashville and cutting our distance by 94%. Well, HE GOT IT! He will be making the two-day drive from California this week. Ahh! I am beyond excited.

We found a truly amazing apartment for him. It's brand new, high end, and in a great area. His birthday is the 11th and of course Valentine's Day is on the 14th, and I am at a total loss for gifts. I would like to get him something for his new place, but I'm completely broke right now. It will probably be a cheap Pinterest project. A little about him:

1. He is a pilot - obsessed with planes
    2. His favorite college football team is the University of Miami (Hurricanes)
    3. He really has no furniture other than the living room set that his mom is going to give him, and a bed.

Any ideas?
    Ignore the Newbie status. This is a new account created by a once very active LFAD member and veteran long-distance lover. After several months away from the site, I'm back!
    Old account name: Rach92g
    This Is Us
    Became A Couple: Friday, May 25th, 2007
    Close Distance: May 2007 - June 2010
    Long Distance (Georgia to California): June 2010 - February 2015
    Long Distance (Georgia to Tennessee): February 2015 - Present
    Got Engaged: May 8, 2015
    Closing The Distance: ?

I don't really do Valentines so take my suggestion whichever way you want. Valentines has like this commercial pressure of romance and chocolate. I'm too practical, I guess. Which is why I thing I'd go with something for the new apartment. Maybe something understated like picture frame with pictures of you two together. I love places like Crate and Barrel for home gifts. Idk if you all have something like that near. But check around the website. There are lists all over the place aside from the main one. I've used those in the past to kind of spur my thoughts with my he might like good luck!
    "Sometimes you just have to let art flow over you."

Comment

If you pick out something, you can give him a picture of it and buy it when you have the money/order it now to be delivered and payed later. I often do that with gifts for my husband.

Or, as a joke you can make paper furniture for his flat or buy him a small toy airplane as a joke gift.
      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by merlinkitty View Post
        I don't really do Valentines so take my suggestion whichever way you want. Valentines has like this commercial pressure of romance and chocolate. I'm too practical, I guess. Which is why I thing I'd go with something for the new apartment. Maybe something understated like picture frame with pictures of you two together. I love places like Crate and Barrel for home gifts. Idk if you all have something like that near. But check around the website. There are lists all over the place aside from the main one. I've used those in the past to kind of spur my thoughts with my he might like good luck!

I didn't even think of photos of us! We had some professional photos taken about a year ago, the two of us and our dog; I could have one of those blown up and framed. Great idea! Thanks!
        Ignore the Newbie status. This is a new account created by a once very active LFAD member and veteran long-distance lover. After several months away from the site, I'm back!
        Old account name: Rach92g
        This Is Us
        Became A Couple: Friday, May 25th, 2007
        Close Distance: May 2007 - June 2010
        Long Distance (Georgia to California): June 2010 - February 2015
        Long Distance (Georgia to Tennessee): February 2015 - Present
        Got Engaged: May 8, 2015
        Closing The Distance: ?

Comment

Originally posted by rachel.guffey View Post
          I didn't even think of photos of us! We had some professional photos taken about a year ago, the two of us and our dog; I could have one of those blown up and framed. Great idea! Thanks!
          Oh cool! That would be awesome!
          "Sometimes you just have to let art flow over you."

Comment

Working...
          X