Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good birthday present?? Can't think of anything!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good birthday present?? Can't think of anything!

My SO and I will actually be together for his birthday. Whenever I ask him what he wants he just says he doesn't really care and that anything is fine. That frustrates me even more! And I don't even want to have to ask him because I want to be able to surprise him with something. He says we could just go out for dinner or something, but I want to really surprise him with something. Unfortunately I'm a bit broke at the moment, but can afford maybe a $40 birthday present. I'm so lost and don't know what to get him. He said "You could get me flowers and I would love them." I don't know if that's super sweet or just annoying lol When he doesn't care it just makes it harder for me to pick out something for him. I had some ideas since he's a photographer, but every photographer I ask says that you should never buy anything for a photographer unless you know exactly what they want. Their equipment can get pretty specific so maybe no photography ideas.

I'm 22 and my SO will be turning 24 just in case age matters. Any ideas would be GREAT. Thank you!

I got my boyfriend a hoody he wanted for his birthday. He had shown me it before xmas and told me not to buy it for xmas as it was too expensive. But I remembered it and got it for his birthday, he loved that I remembered. I think it's ok to get something he has said or just get something you think he would like. Something to do with photography but not equipment. So something artistic like a picture he might like maybe?
    Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
    All the way from England to the USA.

Comment

What is he besides a photographer, what's he into? Does he like to cook, or read books, or ride a bike? He's in NJ, does he like the beach? What about cars, sports, etc? Break it down, think about things he likes to do, think back on your conversations.

For example, if he likes to read, especially if he uses an e-reader, a few books you'd like to introduce him to would be nice. If he cooks, $40 would buy a nice pot, kitchen gadget, or cookbook. A very high quality water bottle for a bike guy, a custom-made beach towel or beach chair for a down the shore kinda guy, a team hoodie for the sports guy, and so on and so on Don't overthink it, keep it simple and and related to something you know he likes. Good luck.
      Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
      X