"Welcome to" care package

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Welcome to" care package

Hello all. I wasn't exactly sure where to post this so I'll put it here. I have family moving to Japan due to military deployments. I want to make them a care package as a sort of "welcome to Japan" box but I'm not sure what to put in it. I thought maybe a book about life in Japan and maybe a picture frame of us all but I dunno what else I can add to it...any ideas?

Do you plan to mail the box? The only thing I think about is if they're moving internationally they're probably going to get rid of a lot of the stuff they already have. So giving them more "things" right before the move, although sweet, is probably sort of inconvenient. My birthday was right before we moved back to the USA and I told everyone please to not get me anything because I wouldn't have room to bring it with me.

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer but unless you plan to mail the box I don't think you should get them anything at all.

Comment

Yea, sorry I'm always so vague in my posts and don't even realize I'm doing it. I'm shipping it to them there, so it'll be there when they get there. I totally agree, and wouldn't do it if they had to take it with them but that's not the case .

Comment

Suggestions:
        Some item of clothing appropriat to the climate
        Sweets that will survive the heat
        Letters or cards
        A cd with Japaneese music, maybe? A Japaneese movie, or stick with files
        Dictonary/language learning book
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I'll definitely do the sweets . I was also thinking maybe kid chopsticks since there'll be kids moving too.

Comment

Maybe a guide to japanese life, like what to do, what to expect and differences in the culture, so it'd make it easy for them to fit in!

I'd love to have gotten something like that when I moved here, even just a simple couple guidleines, like telling me that when you mail a letter, you write the address AND where it's been sent from on the front of the letter :P

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
            First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
            Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
            Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
            Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
            Married: 1/24/2015
            Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Yea xD my family in Argentina sends me stuff with just my address on the front, and theirs on the back. I always thought that was weird when I was a kid. I've been looking around for a book like that . I saw one once at a store and can't remember the name v_v

Comment

Working...
              X