Problems with mailing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with mailing

Has anyone ever experienced a problem with sending a gift by mail to your SO? Like the post office mailing your gift back to you..

Once I put the wrong house number on it so it went to her neighbours house. lol Other than that and slow mail, everything has been fine.
    Why were items sent back to you? Normally it'll state on the package why it's being sent back. Not enough postage? Not a valid address?

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
    Married April 18th, 2015!!
    Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mims27 View Post
      Once I put the wrong house number on it so it went to her neighbours house. lol Other than that and slow mail, everything has been fine.
      Why were items sent back to you? Normally it'll state on the package why it's being sent back. Not enough postage? Not a valid address?
      We get a bunch of mail returned at work and there is always a yellow sticker on it from the post office stating as to why.

You can always put the same address for who you are sending it to and your return address. This way if it gets "return to sender" for whatever reason, it will still go to the intended party.
      To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

One time my SO's grandma sent us something in the mail, but she got our zip code wrong and it turned out she was 30 cents short on postage. So we had to pay the difference before they'd give us the package. Usually though letters get returned for wrong/incomplete address (sometimes if you don't put the apartment number and it is a huge complex) or not enough postage.
        So, here you are
        too foreign for home
        too foreign for here.
        Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

I feel like a total idiot for this but i may as well share this story. I've had my SO's address written down since we first became friends and a few months ago i got a new notebook so i copied over all my friends addresses into it including SO's. Well i was trying to get flowers delivered to her at christmas time ad the company kept emailing me to say the address wasn't valid and i just couldn't figure out what was wrong at all so i ended up just sending them to her work instead. Turns out I'd missed out a number in her address when i copied the address down to my new notebook and somehow all the letters i'd sent her had just gotten to her. i think she must have a great mail man or something lol. I now have to read her address over several times before sending things just so i don't make a fool of myself again haha.
          my girls <3

Josie (SO)
          Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
          Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
          Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
          Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
          Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
          Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
          Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
          All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

My letter from January still hasn't made it to my SO yet - I was overseas at the time and sent it in Vietnam on the 7th of Jan. Given that it's the 6th of Feb i suspect it's just not going to make it. I posted her Christmas present on the 3rd of December and it rocked up on the 27th or something, I think.

Most of the time my letter from regional Australia to the UK takes about 10 days in total which is pretty impressive given where I live - the middle of the desert. It takes longer to post something to Melbourne or Sydney than it does Scotland! Go figure.

It's all part and parcel of the LDR commitment though. You take the good with the bad, no matter the weighting.
            "And I miss you but, it feels good this way
            Let’s fall in love somewhere that you'll wanna stay"

Comment

Originally posted by BFG View Post
              Most of the time my letter from regional Australia to the UK takes about 10 days in total which is pretty impressive given where I live - the middle of the desert. It takes longer to post something to Melbourne or Sydney than it does Scotland! Go figure.
              I'm in Brisbane, and once had a parcel sent to US on a Monday and it arrived on Saturday, crazy! I'm still waiting for a parcel from Victoria sent on Tuesday... -.- I also remember once waiting over a month for something to arrive from Victoria during peak time, suspect it got lost at some point and was surprised that I actually received it in the end!

Haven't had anything lost in the mail, just been ripped off on postage -.-. I've pretty much given up on sending my SO stuff though because it's just too expensive from Oz. Spent $40 sending a 1kg package last Christmas. Try finding meaningful gifts under 1kg!

"My arms will be your prison" - My Boyfriend [♥] Our LDR Blog!

Started Talking - October 2012
              Started Dating - 08.11.12
              First Meeting - 08.12.13 - 39 days together
              Second Meeting - 16.12.15 - 31 days together

Rosetta Stone Progress
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
              22 / 60

Comment

This is the price we pay (literally and figuratively, lol) for living in Australia I guess.
                "And I miss you but, it feels good this way
                Let’s fall in love somewhere that you'll wanna stay"

Comment

Working...
                X