Lock of Hair W/Gift Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lock of Hair W/Gift Box

This year while talking to my bff we really had a difficult time with video messaging each other. It was really hard talking and looking at each without ever having been able to even sit in the same room. Ever hug. Give a high five etc. Also we have been having a on going fun feud about who's hair is better than who's lol. So this year it dawned on me to cut a lock of my hair off for him. So one day after my shower I cut a lock off from the occipital region ( I am a trained Cosmetologist). I used two rubber bands on each end and braided it. I took the entire length (below the bend line) this way no one can tell the hair is missing whether my hair is up or down. You have about 2 inches in either direction to work with lol. So if this is something you want to do I highly recommend asking a trained professional to assist with the braid and cut.

I decided to buy a box at a hobby shop and I stained and finished it myself. I also did a velvet lining in the box. Which I think turned out pretty good considering I am not super crafty. It looked awesome, like a little treasure box with a latch. I bubble wrapped the inside and outside of the box and also bubbled the box so the box didn't get damaged. He loved it!. Also I won the hair feud. Mine is better than his according to him. I may not be able to be there but he can at least for the first time ever touch part of me.
    I reach out for you and for a moment...I can almost touch you.

That is a nice gesture, although I have no idea what you are referencing in regards to the way you cut it. Personally, I probably would have just cut from underneath, where noboday would see it! LOL. I hated to read that you haven't met yet when you aren't that far apart. Maybe you can meet soon and he can see your hair in all its glory!
    sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. The reason we haven't meet yet is due to money and because we had to also get to a point of trust over the years to where we wanted to meet and felt comfortable. The reason I did not take any hair from the underneath is so when I wear a pony tail no one can see it. The occipital region is basically the top back bone of your head. If you section out the perimeter of hair (hairline) then you can wear hair up or down and no one will notice. The bend line is a natural spot on the hair where it literally bends if you cut the hair above that point it will stick straight out or up from under the other hairs. So it's important IF you don't want anyone to be able to see it, that you cut below (downwards) from that bend line. If you take a section of hair and loosely bounce it in and out or up and down it will reveal the bend line. But if you don't care if anyone notices then yes the underneath is much easier lol. Oh and we will be meeting in Dec. and yes he will get see my hair in all it's glory lol.

Comment

Thanks!
        sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

That's a really unique idea! Thank you for sharing!

When I got my wisdom teeth taken out I gave Frank one of them when we were long distance as a joke because he is genetically missing his wisdom teeth (and had no wisdom of course, so I gave him one of mine) Haha, I'm really weird. It's definitely not as sweet as a lock of hair, lol.
          Read my LDR story!
          Facebook
          Instagram

Comment

Michelle that is hilarious! Sounds like something my bf would do to me lol.

Comment

This is actually great. Might consider it..

Comment

Working...
              X